corner corner Lying on the Couch : A Novel

Lying on the Couch : A Novel
by IRVIN D. YALOM | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by crenhov of Thalwil, Zürich Switzerland on 6/7/2005

status (set by nice-cup-of-tea): available

Journal Entry 1 by crenhov from Thalwil, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I thought it was great to be in the mind of a therapist:-)

Journal Entry 2 by crenhov at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (6/8/2005 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

As I can't make the Bookcrossing meeting here tomorrow night:-( I am leaving it in the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 3 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, June 09, 2005

Caught this tonight at the Zurich Meetup. Will read and write a journal later.

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A truly wonderful novel about therapist, clients and the ambiguity of the realtionship between them. It's described as a "psychological thriller" and the story revolves around the therapist Ernest, his supervisor Marshall and Carol / Carolyn. It gives real insight into the issue surrounding therapy. It has particuarly resonance with me because the novel contains lots of the issues that my masters thesis deals with; namely the client / helper relationship. Will definitely read other novels / books by Yalom.

Favourite quote:
"Carl Rogers used to say, 'Don't waste your time training therapists - time is better spent in selecting them.'"(p.6)

Journal Entry 5 by nice-cup-of-tea at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, December 06, 2010

re read this recently, still as good as ever!