corner corner Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain
by Charles Frazier | Romance
Registered by knitwit of Yardley, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, May 25, 2005

status (set by colebear): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by knitwit from Yardley, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Picked this up at the used book store. Planning on reading and releasing.

Journal Entry 2 by knitwit from Yardley, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I really enjoyed this book. The author has a prose style that is poetic and musical and rich that I've seldom encountered in fiction. I really grew to like each of the three main characters and it has made me miss living in North Carolina. The author spends a great deal of space describing scenery and geography which pulled me into the story - I could see the fog and feel the gloom. I'd highly recommend this one.

Offered to heartsong2 as a wishlist RABCK and in the mail to her today.

Journal Entry 3 by heartsong2 on Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Arrived in post today! Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I look forward to reading this and plan to ray it forward once I have!

Thanks again!

Journal Entry 4 by heartsong2 on Monday, June 26, 2006

What a lovely story. War is a terrible terrible thing. But the horror was balanced by beautiful stories told by the characters encountered along the journey, and the amazingly detailed descriptions of nature and they way they worked to live their lives day to day. Boy, was that piece ever an eye-opener for me!

Thank you so much for sharing this book with me.

I do plan to RABCK this book along in honor and appreciation of your generosity, knitwit. Thank you again!

Journal Entry 5 by heartsong2 on Saturday, July 15, 2006

Posting as a RABCK to colebear in honor of knitwit!

Hope you like the book. I really enjoyed it. I may have to rent the movie.

Journal Entry 6 by colebear from Jacksonville, Florida USA on Friday, July 21, 2006

Arrived in mail today. Thank you heartsong2 for sending it along and knitwit for starting the book on it's journey.

Unfortunately Mt. TBR is about to overwhelm me so I'm not sure when I'll get to read it. I'll RABCK it once I've read it to keep with the established theme.