corner corner The Archivist : A Novel

The Archivist : A Novel
by Martha Cooley | Literature & Fiction
Registered by semifor of Spokane Valley, Washington USA on Friday, May 20, 2005

status (set by semifor): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by semifor from Spokane Valley, Washington USA on Friday, May 20, 2005

On Easter Sunday, March 27, 2005, I was returning from a business trip and had a long layover at the Oakland, California airport. I noticed this book setting on a seat, no one near it. Two hours later, it was still there, unclaimed. So, I *borrowed* it.

The book rested on my nigth stand for weeks before I finally picked it up and started reading. When I had nearly finished it, I found a thin, bording pass tucked between the pages: Betty Marshall. Betty's flight was on March 25th from Phoenix to Oakland. So, the book apparently sat for two days until I picked it up. Hopefully Betty had a chance to finish it.

It was an interesting read. This would not have been a book I would have selected for myself, so finding it the way I did was the only way I would have ever read it.

Time to pass it on.

Journal Entry 2 by semifor at Private Release in Spokane Valley, Washington USA on Sunday, June 05, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (5/20/2005 UTC) at Private Release in Spokane Valley, Washington USA

I handed this one off to a neighbor to read and release.