corner corner Star Trek - The Next Generation: A Time To Be Born

Star Trek - The Next Generation: A Time To Be Born
by John Vornholt | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingDavros-10wing of Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on 5/16/2005

status (set by tantan): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingDavros-10wing from Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Monday, May 16, 2005

From the back cover:

"On the cusp of their epic battle with Shinzon, many of Captain Jean-Luc Picard's long-time crew were heading for new assignments and new challenges. Among the changes were William Riker's promotion to captain and his new command, Riker's marriage to Counselor Deanna Troi, and Dr. Beverly Crusher's new career at Starfleet Medical. But the story of what set them on a path away from the Starship Enterprise has never been told.

UNTIL NOW.

The site of one of the Dominion War's fiercest battles, the Rashanar Sector now contains a vast interstellar graveyard littered with the lifeless hulks of hundreds of devastated starships. The explosive destruction of so many varied warp drives has severely distorted the space-time continuum in this region, resulting in dangerous unleashed energies and bizarre gravitational anomalies.

The Enterprise has been assigned to patrol the perimeter of the danger zone, while other vessels carry out the difficult and highly hazardous task of retrieving the bodies of the dead from the wrecked warships.

To some alien races, the former battleground is hallowed space. To others, including the rapacious Androssi, it is a scavenger's paradise, ripe for salvage. None expect this ship's graveyard to hold a deadly secret that will force the android Data to make a heart-wrenching decision about the path his life will take -- and that will endanger not only the Enterprise, but Picard's future in Starfleet."

Journal Entry 2 by wingDavros-10wing from Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Saturday, January 21, 2006

Reserved for Tantan who was one of the winners of my It's My Birthday BCAUS RABCK Sweepstakes to help celebrate my 46th birthday.

Journal Entry 3 by wingDavros-10wing at Controlled Release in Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (2/7/2006 UTC) at Controlled Release in Lutwyche, Queensland Australia

Mailed to Tantan today.

Journal Entry 4 by tantan from Townsville, Queensland Australia on Thursday, February 09, 2006

Received from Davros-10. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 5 by tantan from Townsville, Queensland Australia on Sunday, December 27, 2009

I finally got to this after having it for a very long time!

I hated the first chapter - found it very boring, and really thought it should have been a prologue, as it may not have put me off quite so much if that were the case. However, I persevered, and I'm glad I did. A very enjoyable continuation of the story following Insurrection. The crew go through some difficult times at the Rashanar site. The story is unfinished at the end of this, of course, so I'll have to track down the rest of the series.

I will offer this up on the Oz VBB.

Journal Entry 6 by tantan at Gympie, Queensland Australia on Friday, December 03, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (12/3/2010 UTC) at Gympie, Queensland Australia

Claimed on BookMooch, and heading off to Victoria.