corner corner The Devil in the White City

by Erik Larson | History
Registered by LeighBCD on 5/11/2005

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I bought this book in New York. It is the story behind the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago - it was a National Book Award finalist which means it should be good.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Sunday, September 04, 2005

This book was fascinating - a really enjoyable history. It read like a novel and was a page turner. I finally made it to Chicago recently and I was so pleased to have read this book as it put a lot of the city into context.

I could not recommend this highly enough.

I will probably release this book into the wild. I hope whoever finds this book enjoys it; please send it out into the wild again when you have finished with it or give it to someone else for them to try. Don't forget to make a journal entry to let me know you found the book! Thanks so much and welcome to Bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD on Sunday, July 09, 2006

Time to release this fantastic book into the wild!

Welcome to Bookcrossing and thanks for taking the trouble to visit this site! I hope you enjoy this book. When you have finished with it, make a journal entry to let me know it found a home then send it back out into the world again for someone else to find. Sharing books is great karma - enjoy this one!

Journal Entry 4 by LeighBCD at Balham Library in Balham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, July 09, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (7/9/2006 UTC) at Balham Library in Balham, Greater London United Kingdom