corner corner Roald Dahl's Incredible Chocolate Box

by Roald Dahl | Children's Books
Registered by ScottishHoosier on Monday, May 09, 2005

status (set by Singalong): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ScottishHoosier on Monday, May 09, 2005

This is a special World Book Day edition originally issued for just £1. I got it at the very special price of just one pence at Tesco. I don't know if that was the price they meant to sell it at, or if they made a mistake in the computer. Never mind.

Journal Entry 2 by ScottishHoosier on Monday, May 23, 2005

I had offered this one to another Bookcrosser as a RABCK, but got no response for whatever reason (was the PM system acting up again?). Anyhow, I had a lot of responses for my international bookray for BCID 2795057, so I'm splitting it into two rays. I'll keep 2795057 as a bookray for Europe and North America, but this one is going to Australia and the Philippines!! Here is the list:

1. Lisagt, Australia
2. Gymgirl, Australia
3. Funkybamboozle, Australia (please skip, has received own copy)
4. eris-in-oz, Australia
5. sydney2259, Australia
6. celestewa, Australia
7. aussieangel2/fontanakids, Australia
8. leeny37, Australia
9. JeSuisBelle, Philippines <----Not responding to pm's. 22/10/05
10. ??? New ray organized by leeny37!

I ask that participants look ahead, and if they are planning to be away, to please let the person before them on the list and me know. That way we won't be worried that something has happened to you. When you are approaching the end of the book (shouldn't take long - it is small!), please pm the next person on the list for their details. Please be considerate of the other people on the list and don't keep the book too long. If you encounter any problems, please pm me.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by ScottishHoosier on Monday, May 23, 2005

Taken to the post office today around 1PM and sent on it's way to Lisagt and Gymgirl. It is going as printed matter, airmail. Wonder how long it will take to get to Australia?

Journal Entry 4 by Gymgirl from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, May 30, 2005

Received this book in the mail today from ScottishHoosier. I am probably one of the first people in Australia to read this book! Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by Lisagt from Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on Monday, May 30, 2005

What fun! Gymgirl and I received this little book today so thanx for offering it up as a bookray ScottishHoosier! (Great screen-name by the way...)
I'm going to let Gymgirl read it first but I couldn't resist a little peek!

Journal Entry 6 by Gymgirl from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, June 02, 2005

Very good book! Can't wait til I own my own copy. Not sure if it's available in Australia. My favourite bit was the secret chapter at the end - tricky 'cause you need a mirror to read it.

Journal Entry 7 by Lisagt from Holsworthy, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, June 02, 2005

I've also finished this fun little book.
My favourite entry was under E: Energy Balls.
In 1936 Forrest Mars, the founder of the famous chocolate company, took a pea-sized piece of dough flavoured with malted milk, exploded it in a vacumn and covered it with melted chocolate. He had invented the Energy Ball! Never heard of it? That's because it was quickly renamed the Malteser.
I LOVE MALTESERS and now I'm in the mood for some!

Thanx for sharing ScottishHoosier!
We emailled Funkybamboozle but she asked to be skipped as she received this book as a gift so eris-in-oz is up next! Have fun...

Journal Entry 8 by eris-in-oz from Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Friday, June 10, 2005

Received in the mail today - perfect reading for my son and I this rainy weekend :-)

Journal Entry 9 by eris-in-oz from Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Absolutely scrumptilitious :-) Now it's off to spread more chocolate facts around - thickly please.

Journal Entry 10 by sydney2259 on Monday, June 27, 2005

This lovely little book arrived safely yesterday in the mail... looking forward to reading it and then passing it onwards to aussieangel2 very soon

Journal Entry 11 by sydney2259 on Thursday, June 30, 2005

A sweet little book full of scrumptious trivia!

Am forwarding this one to celestewa, who will then send it across to aussieangel2....

Thanks :)

Journal Entry 12 by celestewa from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Monday, August 01, 2005

This book has arrived in Perth. Thanks, I will try and read it quickly since it is small.

Journal Entry 13 by celestewa from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I have finished this little book, which was very quirky, would probably hyave helped if I had read more of Dahl's other book. I enjoyed the challenge of reading the whole back to front chapter without using a mirror. Yes I know .. small things amuse small minds! ;-)

Posted 16 August 2005

Journal Entry 14 by aussieangel2 from Noranda, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, August 21, 2005

Received in the mail this week - sorry for delay in journalling! I will give to my children to read and get it back on its travels soon.

Journal Entry 15 by fontanakids from Yokine, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, August 27, 2005

This is a really good book, I think this book is really funny, I really like the missing chapter.

Harley.

Book has been given to Shauni to read.

Journal Entry 16 by aussieangel2 from Noranda, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Shauni has almost finished - just the last chapter to read. Have contacted leeny37 and will get this in the post early next week.

Journal Entry 17 by aussieangel2 from Noranda, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Posted to leeny37.

Journal Entry 18 by leeny37 from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Friday, October 14, 2005

Received today! I'm looking forward to reading this with a box of chocolates, muahahaha.... *grin* I promise I won't leave chocolate prints!

Journal Entry 19 by leeny37 from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Friday, October 14, 2005

I just finished reading this one. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy it that much, I guess reading about trivia doesn't excite me all that much. I did have fun reading the missing chapter in front of a mirror though; my boyfriend sure thought I was strange! LOL. Just waiting for JeSuisBelle's address and this will be ready to go.

*Update* - As I didn't hear back from JeSuisBelle, and after checking with ScottishHoosier, I am continuing the ray and the last participant will be bringing it to the 2006 NZ BookCrossing convention and may possibly be doing a themed wild release at the Cadbury factory!

Journal Entry 20 by leeny37 from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Friday, October 21, 2005

I'm continuing the bookray! Australia only please, as the last person on the ray will be bringing it to the 2006 NZ BookCrossing convention. This bookray is now closed as wombles needs to receive the book by early February and I want to make sure there's enough time for all bookcrossers reading this.

BookRay Instructions:
1. When you receive the book, please make a journal entry so everyone knows it has safely arrived.
2. When you finish the book, please make another journal entry to share some of your thoughts - enjoyed the book, or absolutely hated it?
3. Continue the BookRay by checking this journal entry for the latest list, and sending a PM to the person after you on the list requesting their postal address.
4. Please try to send on the book as soon as you can, preferably two weeks as this is a tiny book. If you need more time, that's not a problem at all. Either send me a PM or write a journal entry to let me know that the book is safe with you. Thanks! :)
5. The last person on the list wild releases the book; in this case, it's wombles, who will be bringing it to the 2006 NZ BookCrossing Convention.
6. Most importantly, ENJOY!

Participants:
1. Mistlerose
2. puppymummy
3. aleonblue
4. wombles (to bring this to the 2006 NZ convention)

Book has been released...and caught!

Journal Entry 21 by leeny37 at Post office: Mailed to another bookcrosser in Australia, Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 23, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (10/23/2005 UTC) at Post office: Mailed to another bookcrosser in Australia, Bookray -- Controlled Releases

This is wrapped up and ready to head off to Mistlerose to continue the bookray. I will be dropping this off on my way to work tomorrow morning.

Journal Entry 22 by Mistlerose from Frankston, Victoria Australia on Monday, October 24, 2005

arrived today. Thankyou very much.

Journal Entry 23 by Mistlerose from Frankston, Victoria Australia on Saturday, November 12, 2005

Thank you for the chance to read this book. My nephew and I both enjoyed it.

It will be sent on tomorrow.

Journal Entry 24 by Mistlerose at Post office in Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, November 12, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (11/12/2005 UTC) at Post office in Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

posted today.

Journal Entry 25 by puppymummy from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mmmmm. Chocolate....... Safely here, I'm trying not to eat it!

Journal Entry 26 by puppymummy from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Who knew that the alphabet was all about chocolate? Roald Dahl is right, we really need a chocolate teacher at school. Who really cares about geography, history, any of that?
I'm reading another book that has to go to aleonblue, so this will go with it - probably in about a week. Thanks for the opportunity to read this!

Journal Entry 27 by puppymummy at Controlled Release in Postal Release, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, December 24, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (12/24/2005 UTC) at Controlled Release in Postal Release, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Christmas preparations held me up a little, but this will be in the post in the morning.

Journal Entry 28 by aleonblue from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, January 02, 2006

Just received this lovely little book today. Will make sure I read it and pass it on to Wombles in time for the NZ convention in February.

Journal Entry 29 by aleonblue from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Saturday, January 07, 2006

Being a chocoholic AND a Roald Dahl fan, I had a good laugh with this little book. Lots of interesting fact and I also enjoyed learning about the origins of those yummy maltesers.

Thanks to ScottishHoosier and Leeny37 for sharing this book with the Austalian chocoholics!

Off to Wombles soon to take to the New Zealand convention.

Journal Entry 30 by wingwombleswing from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, January 15, 2006

Picked this up from Aleonblue at meetup today. Will read it and then take it with me to the Cadbury Factory in Dunedin, this book has done some travelling, hopefully it will keep moving on with many more journallers!

Journal Entry 31 by wingwombleswing at Bookcrossing Convention 2006 in Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Sunday, February 12, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (2/16/2006 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2006 in Dunedin, Otago New Zealand

Releasing at cadbury world

Journal Entry 32 by vgrl from Webster City, Iowa USA on Monday, February 20, 2006

Picked up book Sat 18 Feb while on holidays in NZ - cadbury factory tour was yummy.

Half way through book already - it reminds me of my early school days, reading books in the library - great memories! Funny to see it return to Brisbane, Australia so quickly!

Plan to finish book and re-release into the wild.

Journal Entry 33 by vgrl at Wynnum North Train Station in Wynnum, Queensland Australia on Thursday, June 15, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (6/15/2006 UTC) at Wynnum North Train Station in Wynnum, Queensland Australia

Outside ticket window on nearest seat

Journal Entry 34 by Singalong from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Thursday, July 20, 2006

What a delight to discover bookcrossing. ehT edisni tuo gnitirw (the inside out writing) S T R E T C H E S the mind.....as Roald Dahl's books usually do!
A different kind of chocolate box!! I plan to set it out into the wild for the next chocoholic.

CAUGHT IN BRISBANE QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA