corner corner Pandora's Star

Pandora's Star
by Peter F. Hamilton | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by WistfulDragon of Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on 4/29/2005

status (set by UrbanSpaceman): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, April 29, 2005

I love Peter F Hamilton's work. There's only one thing that could stop this book going on my Mt Toobie - the fact I was looking for it for somebody else.

Journal Entry 2 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, July 10, 2006

Luckily, the somebody else had already found a copy, so I got this one back! It's a slightly battered large hardback, but who cares; the story is wonderful! Complex and compelling, just what you expect from Peter F Hamilton.

Journal Entry 3 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Thanks immensely to WistfulDragon for passing this on to me at the London meetup. Hamilton is an excellent SF author, so I'm certain that I will enjoy reading this, even if the weight of it strains my muscles in the process :)

Journal Entry 4 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, August 14, 2006

Pandora's Star is an example of the epic space opera that Hamilton does so well. There is an enormous cast of characters, some nicely described aliens and alien worlds, all manner of high-techery and a complex plot with multiple strands that all cross-link to each other. I greatly enjoyed reading all 882 pages of this.

I'd hate to have to read the follow-up book (Judas Unchained - 1235 pages!) after a long gap as it would a massive efort to recall all the detail from this one. Thanks again to Wistful Dragon for the pair of them.

Journal Entry 5 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, August 18, 2006

To be released on Sunday 10 September from the BookCrossing stand at the Tolworth Organic Festival in Kingston upon Thames.