corner corner Angels & demons

Angels & demons
by Dan Brown | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingDEESSEwing of Erstein, Alsace France on 4/25/2005

status (set by DEESSE): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingDEESSEwing from Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, April 25, 2005

From the back cover:
An ancient secret brotherhood. A devastating new weapon of destruction. An unthinkable target.
World-renowned Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to a Swiss research facility to analyze a cryptic symbol seared in the chest of a murdered physicist. What he discovers is unimaginable: a deadly vendetta against the Catholic Church by a centuries-old underground organization - the Illuminati. Desperate to save the Vatican from a powerful time bomb, Langdon joins forces in Rome with the beautiful and mysterious scientist Vittoria Vetra. Together they embark on a frantic hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs, deserted cathedrals, and the most secretive vault on earth... the long-forgotten Illuminati lair.

"Dear Reader,
(...) The book now in your hands is the "prequel" to "The Da Vinci Code" and tells the story of symbologist Robert Langdon's adventure in Vatican City one year before his fateful visit to the Louvre.

"Angels & Demons is the novel in which I first created the character of Langdon and indulged his passion for art, symbology, codes, secret societier, and the gray area between good and evil. I think you will find the riddles in "Angels & Demons" just as visually arresting as those in Da Vinci's paintings. Whatever your taste in art, you certainly will find the usual plethora of puzzles, arcane history, cliff-hangers, and unexpected twists.

I sincerely hope you enjoy reading my first Robert Langdon novel as much as I enjoyed writing it. (...)

Dan Brown"

Journal Entry 2 by wingDEESSEwing from Erstein, Alsace France on Friday, May 13, 2005

As I still haven't read this book I'll pass it on to my nice colleague who liked "The Da Vinci Code" - I hope she'll enjoy this one, too.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, May 22, 2005

Ich bekam es von der "sehr netten Kollegin" zum Lesen, da sie selbst noch mit einem 1000-Seiten Wälzer beschäftigt war.
Da ich erst kürzlich zum ersten Mal in Rom war und somit die Mehrzahl der im Buch erwähnten Plätze und Kirchen besichtigt hatte , steigerte sich die Leselust im Verlauf der ohnehin spannenden Handlung exponential. Vielen herzlichen Dank - dies war das highlight des Monats! Jetzt werde ich ohne Pause zum "The Da Vinci Code" übergehen......
Ich kenne bereits die nächste Leserin....

CAUGHT IN OBERKIRCH ORTENAU GERMANY

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, June 01, 2005

As I was still busy reading Frank Schätzing´s 1000-pages-bestselling novel "Der Schwarm" I passed this book on to a friend of mine. So it was her who wrote the second entry.

In the beginning I was disappointed because the plot seemed to be almost the same as in the Da Vinci Code: Robert Langdon tries to catch a killer who works for a secret society by solving a riddle. In both books an attractive female helps him on his chase through Paris/Rome and of course in both books they begin to feel more for each other...
But in spite of all the numerous similarities I couldn´t lay it down. Dan Brown knows how to build up tension. If only he would have thought of a different ending! That was really weak.

CAUGHT IN OBERKIRCH ORTENAU GERMANY

Journal Entry 5 by wingDEESSEwing from Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, June 06, 2005

It's back with me!

Edit 15.08.13:
Finally I didn't read it, because I had seen the film in the meantime and the title seemed soooo perfect for this themed release that I had to release it there!

Journal Entry 6 by wingDEESSEwing at The Other Place in Lahr, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/15/2013 UTC) at The Other Place in Lahr, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Left it on the bar, next to all the "Hells Angels" - Stickers, e.g.: "F**k you, I've got enough friends".

Happy reading!