corner corner The Devil Wears Prada

The Devil Wears Prada
by Lauren Weisberger | Literature & Fiction
Registered by hunnyb of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 4/25/2005

status (set by Nagwan): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by hunnyb from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, April 25, 2005

We all need a bit of light fiction every now and then. Particularly when the character's name is your own :)

Journal Entry 2 by hunnyb from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I think this book's main strength and weakness coincide - that it relies on stereotypes for kicks. It's fun to laugh at cardboard cut-out caricatures - they are based on actual people after all, however the laughs seem kind of hollow due to the lack of insight that they grant. Are women with ambition destined to become demanding and ungrateful? Must all talented writers go through some sort of trial in order to "earn" their right to write? Does every heroine need to come to a sudden epiphany about the way their life is, how dissatisfied they are with it, and with the assistance of some self-help books, realise how perfect their life could be?

Maybe I am just reading too much into it - or I'm just in a bad mood :)

Sending to pepita-di-Corfu as part of chicklit bookrelay. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Thursday, November 10, 2005

thank you so much hunnyb for sending me this book since it's been on my wish list for a while!

(((((hunnyb)))))

Journal Entry 4 by pepita-di-Corfu at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (5/15/2008 UTC) at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

i'm sending this book to far away Yemen to bookcrosser Nagwan. Since i've never sent a book to Yemen before this one will help me with my lifelong challenge to send at least one book to every country of the world.
I decided to also add this book in charbono's Around the World Challenge 2008, similar to mine only on this one contribute bookcrossers from all over the world sending books worldwide too.
I hope you'll enjoy reading Nagwan!

Journal Entry 5 by Nagwan from Sanaa, Sanaa Yemen on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Thank u sooooooo much pepita. I got the book today.