corner corner Murder With Peacocks (A Meg Lanslow Mystery)

Murder With Peacocks (A Meg Lanslow Mystery)
by Donna Andrews | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winglisaxiiiwing of Pleasanton, California USA on Sunday, April 10, 2005

status (set by needmorezoloft): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglisaxiiiwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Sunday, April 10, 2005

So far Meg Langslow's summer is not going swimmingly. Down in her small Virginia hometown, she's maid of honor at the nuptuals of three loved ones--each of whom has dumped the planning in her capable hands. One bride is set on including a Native American herbal purification ceremony, while another wants live peacocks on the law. Only help from the town's drop-dead gorgeous hunk, disappointingly rumored to be gay, keeps Meg afloat in a sea of dotty relatives and outrageous neighbors.

And, in whirl of summer parties and picnics, Souther hospitality is strained to the limit by an offenseive newcomer who hints at skeletons in the guests' closets. But it seems this lady has offended one too many when she's found dead in suspicious circumstances, followed by a string of accidents--some fatal. Soon, level-headed Meg's to-do list extends from flower arragements and bridal registries to catching a killer--before the next catered event is her own funeral...

Journal Entry 2 by winglisaxiiiwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Sending to CheriePie. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Thanks for sending this to me lisaxiii! yllus turned me on to this author with her bookring for Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon so I've been looking forward to reading this, particularly Murder with Peacocks, being the first one.

Journal Entry 4 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, May 14, 2005

I loved this book! I read the 4th book in the series, Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon back in February via a bookring started by yllus and I found this one even better than that.

Meg Lanslow, a 30-year-old blacksmith, heads back to her home town of Yorkstown, VA for the summer to be the maid of honor in 3 weddings, her mother's, her brother's, and her best friend Eileen's, all within 2 weeks of each other. After a few days, the mayhem begins with the first dead body found on the beach behind her mother's house. Of course, this wouldn't be a Meg Lanslow mystery if the conditions and circumstances surrounding the murder weren't zany and strange.

As Meg and her Dad go sleuthing to uncover the culprit, they unwittingly become the murderer's next victims, presumably because they're getting too close to the truth. Aided by Meg's new friend Michael, the dressmaker's son, hilarity ensues and a few more bodies are found, fortunately of characters that you've come to dislike anyway.

Even when you think you've got it all figured out, some new twists are introduced that cause you to rethink your suspicions. This book kept me enthralled from the first page to the last, and I'm eagerly anticipating Murder With Puffins, which I've requested from my local library.

This is now reserved for mellion108, whom I'll be sending it out to next week as a granting of one of the Reverse Wishlist Relays on BookRelay. :)

Journal Entry 5 by CheriePie at BookRelay Controlled Release in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, May 22, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (5/23/2005 UTC) at BookRelay Controlled Release in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan -- Controlled Releases

Sending to mellion108 as part of a BookRelay.com Reverse Wishlist Relay. Packed up today and going out in Monday's mail stream via Media Mail.

Melissa, I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. And thanks again to lisaxiii for RABCK'ing it to me in the first place. :)

Journal Entry 6 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Saturday, June 04, 2005

Thank you so much for granting my wishlist wish, CheriePie! I can't wait to dig into this one. :)

Paperback, 311 pages
#1 in the Meg Langslow series

Journal Entry 7 by mellion108 from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan USA on Friday, June 10, 2005

I finished this a few nights ago. :) It's a bit heavier on the romance than I normally like, and I was hoping for a bit more intrigue. However, I liked many of the characters, and I want to read the second in the series to see how well Andrews develops them.

Thanks again, CheriePie, for sharing this! I hope to be able to pass it on to someone else soon.

Journal Entry 8 by llama-mama205 from Pittsboro, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Not sure when I received this. Sorry for not journaling it sooner. This is my first Donna Andrews mystery. I will look for others. Thanks for sharing!!

Journal Entry 9 by llama-mama205 from Pittsboro, North Carolina USA on Friday, November 10, 2006

I enjoyed this series.

Sending as a Holiday wish to Terra57.

Journal Entry 10 by terra57 from Hopedale, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thank You!

Journal Entry 11 by needmorezoloft from Detroit, Texas USA on Monday, February 05, 2007

Thanks so much!!!!!

Journal Entry 12 by needmorezoloft at Italian Bistro Resturant in Clarksville, Texas USA on Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (9/23/2009 UTC) at Italian Bistro Resturant in Clarksville, Texas USA

On the bench outside the resturant