corner corner True Believer (Hardcover)

True Believer (Hardcover)
by Nicholas Sparks | Literature & Fiction
Registered by valentina1209 of Bethpage, New York USA on 5/3/2005

status (set by cafekat): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by valentina1209 from Bethpage, New York USA on Tuesday, May 03, 2005

From Booklist
New York skeptic Jeremy Marsh makes his living exposing frauds in the articles he writes for Scientific American. His latest target is a famous psychic who claims to speak to the dead. The acclaim he receives for his expose places Jeremy in the public eye with an appearance on national television. Jeremy then travels to Boone Creek, North Carolina, to search for the truth behind the mysterious lights that appear in the local cemetery. The legend is that an old curse causes the spirits to wander, and now the town wants to capitalize on the phenomena to bring in badly needed tourist dollars. But Doris McClellan, the local psychic, wants the lights debunked, and asks Jeremy to investigate. What Jeremy doesn't count on is falling for Doris' granddaughter, Lexie, the town librarian. Lexie has had enough of smooth-talking city men, and shields her heart, but Jeremy keeps trying to penetrate her tough shell. Lexie never wants to leave Boone Creek, and she believes that Jeremy will never want to stay. Although Sparks' latest starts with great potential, the main characters feel cool and distant; it is the secondary characters who embody the warmth and verve that usually mark Sparks' best-sellers.

Journal Entry 2 by valentina1209 from Bethpage, New York USA on Friday, May 20, 2005

This was a very enjoyable book, and would have received a much higher rating from me had it stood alone. However, as a Nicholas Sparks book, I was holding it up to some very high expectations set by his previous masterpieces, and quite frankly, it fell very short. It simply wasn't up to the calibre of his previous books and lacked the very qualities I love most about his writings. It reminded me of a Danielle Steel novel rather than something from the deeper, more engaging, Nicholas Sparks.

In a word, the story was superficial. The supernatural premise that drew the characters together was riduculously hokey, and pitting New York citylife against life in sleepy small town America didn't capture my interest the way it could have had it been presented better, with more exciting characters and plot developement.

Noticeably absent: there was no deep emotional connection between the two protagonists. Even though I easily buy into the soulmates, meant-to-be concept of love-at-first-sight, I did not find the romance and coming together of these two characters to have that kind of depth or energy. I'm not convinced they truly belong with each other, or their relationship will last much beyond the end of the story.

As well, there was no emotional connection between the characters and the reader. There wasn't a deep passion for me to feel alongside them. I didn't grow to care for them as people nor did I become as emotionally invested in their relationship, as I have with other Nicholas Sparks characters. These two will be easily forgotten, whereas Noah/Allie, Jamie/Landon, Theresa/Garrett, Paul/Adrienne, Miles/Sarah, and all the others have continued to live in my heart long after I put those books down and moved onto other reading material.

On the positive side, there were flashes of Nicholas Sparks's brilliance scattered throughout the book. His use of vivid descriptions and attention to detail was impeccable, as always. The dialogue flowed naturally, with the right blend of wit and seriousness, and sounded realistic (very important to me in a romance novel, as most don't have this quality and instead use incessant and annoying bickering so the conflict/tension comes across as abrasively hostile instead of deep and abiding love).

All-in-all, although I was sorely disappointed, it was still a pleasant story and worthwhile reading. I hope Nicholas Sparks goes back to novels that draw the reader into an emotional investment into the characters and their story, with their bittersweet tragic endings (or even happy ones as in The Wedding and Three Weeks With My Brother). I prefer to feel strong emotions and intense passion when I read a Nicholas Sparks novel.

Journal Entry 3 by valentina1209 from Bethpage, New York USA on Friday, May 20, 2005

Since new books from Nicholas Sparks are in high demand, I'm hosting a booray for it.

1. valentina1209 in NY
35. dnsvm in CO
36. ckcpurple in IN
37. Dawnini in TN
38. NMReader in NM

The rules are simple: Journal the book when it arrives and contact the next person on the list for their address. Read the book and pass it along as quickly as possible, within 3-4 weeks at most. Make either a journal entry or controlled release note when you’ve sent it off.

Please make a good-faith effort to keep the book in good condition and to make this bookring a success.

Thanks to all for participating.

Journal Entry 4 by valentina1209 at bookring in bookring, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 26, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (5/26/2005 UTC) at bookring in bookring, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

beginning its journey: on its way to timollie in PA

Journal Entry 5 by timollie5502 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Got this in the mail yesterday night when we got back from our long weekend away. I'm really looking forward to it - I have always enjoyed Nicholas Sparks.

Journal Entry 6 by timollie5502 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, June 13, 2005

Well, I thought this was a nice story. A good, quick read, as I've grown to expect from Nicholas Sparks. I was surprised that the ending wasn't tragic, however - it was good to have a happy ending after reading so many of his sad ones! Thanks for sharing it with us!

I sent this off to tmtdino30 this morning.

Journal Entry 7 by tmtdino30 from Nanticoke, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, June 16, 2005

Recieved it in the mail today. Cant wait to read it. Finished it and mailed it out today 7/6/2005 to vzfamily. Great book, enjoyed it alot

Journal Entry 8 by vzfamily from Willard, Ohio USA on Monday, July 11, 2005

As with all of Nicholas Sparks' books - I loved it! Although I must admit I was a bit dissapointed with the explanation of the lights!

Journal Entry 9 by vzfamily at Postal Release in Willard, Ohio USA on Friday, July 15, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (7/15/2005 UTC) at Postal Release in Willard, Ohio USA

Sending this along to i-spy who is next in the bookring. Hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 10 by i-spy from Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, July 21, 2005

Arrived in yesterday morning's mail & I finished it last night! Nice book, very typical of Sparks. Nice, light, summer read. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 11 by sp4home from Valley Center, Kansas USA on Friday, July 29, 2005

The book has arrived safe and sound. I will edit this journal entry after I have read the book. Thanks Valentina1209 for sharing the book.

Edited 03Aug05: I enjoyed this Sparks book, as I thought that I would. It was a refreshing, light, summer read. As a previous post, I didn't find the explaination of the lights very interesting. I did predict the ending. It was a little too obvious, but I liked the ending anyway.

Journal Entry 12 by sp4home at in the mail in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 05, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (8/6/2005 UTC) at in the mail in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

This book is on its way to ksreader. USPS tracking # 9102010521297519467265.

Journal Entry 13 by ksreader from Frontenac, Kansas USA on Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Received the book and will be reading it on my lunch hour this week before sending it off to Mamikaem in MO.

8/18/05 This took me longer to get through than I expected. Without the normal intensity between Sparks' characters, I didn't feel the "must-read need" I normally do. The story is alright, but not what we've all come to expect from such a great author. I do appreciate the chance to get to read it though, thanks valentina! --Book is off to next reader!

Journal Entry 14 by Mamikaem from Maryland Heights, Missouri USA on Saturday, August 20, 2005

Received this in today's mail. I'm going to rush through the book ring I have in front of it so I can be sure to get through this in my alloted time. Thanks to all before me who sent this along!

UPDATE: 08/28/2005 - began this today.

Journal Entry 15 by Mamikaem from Maryland Heights, Missouri USA on Sunday, September 04, 2005

Like the others before me, I was a little disappointed in this novel. Although I enjoyed the characters, I had to roll my eyes at this "great love" that was found after knowing each other less than a week. Pul-eeze! (Can you tell I'm not the mushy type?!) Nevertheless, I still enjoyed this even though it just didn't capture me like Sparks' other novels. I just recently found out that Sparks' next novel is a sequel to this one, so I'll be looking forward to that.

Mailing to hennismm on 09/06/2005.

Journal Entry 16 by hennismm from Brunswick, Ohio USA on Saturday, September 10, 2005

Adding to TBR pile

Journal Entry 17 by hennismm from Brunswick, Ohio USA on Friday, October 21, 2005

Will finish this weekend. PM'ing the next person in line. Sorry I had this book so long.

I had a hard time with the first 100 pages of this book. Once I got past that point, I could not put it down. I think the beginning was too descriptive but the details were needed to complete the story.

On its way to RaineeRose in the morning.

Journal Entry 18 by RaineeRose from Rochester, New York USA on Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Received today. This will be my next read. Thanks!

Journal Entry 19 by RaineeRose from Rochester, New York USA on Thursday, November 03, 2005

It took me a little longer than usual to read this Spark book; normally, I devour them. I, like hennismm, found the first hundred or so pages a little slow, but after getting through them, I found myself reading a lot faster. Truthfully, it probably wasn't the book at all but the fact that I just started a new job and had little free time to read.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I'm always interested in (and skeptical of) people like Sylvia Browne, so the subject matter in this book was great for me! Sparks' books are great, but the endings are usually predictable, and that was certainly the case for this one. I enjoyed the ending, though -- even though I knew it was coming!

Thanks, valentina1209, for starting this ring. I'll send this on to Sherria ASAP.

Journal Entry 20 by RaineeRose at sent via media mail at Rochester, NY post office in Mailed to another BC member, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 07, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (11/7/2005 UTC) at sent via media mail at Rochester, NY post office in Mailed to another BC member, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sending to Sherria. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 21 by Sherria from Bethel, Connecticut USA on Sunday, November 13, 2005

Arrived yesterday, safe and sound. I'll start it as soon as I finish my current book. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 22 by Sherria from Bethel, Connecticut USA on Monday, November 21, 2005

This was my first Sparks novel, and I have to say that I was disappointed. I've heard so much about this author's compelling novels, but all I found was a predictable romance. The plot was extremely predictable; the characters were quaint, but nothing special.

Ultimately, it was too much "romance" for my tastes. I had expected much more story about the investigation of the ghosts and how the "mystery" of them was solved. There was almost none of this, and the author never got around to *really* explaining what caused them in anything more than the most vague terms.

I may give Sparks another chance, as other journal entries seem to indicate that this isn't his best work. Still, I was glad to have the opportunity to read it. Thanks for sharing valentina1209! I'll drop this in the mail for faramir10 tomorrow (11/22/05).

Journal Entry 23 by faramir10 from Slaton, Texas USA on Thursday, December 01, 2005

Recived in the mail today. Thanks Sherria.

Journal Entry 24 by faramir10 from Slaton, Texas USA on Friday, December 09, 2005

Enjoyed the book, but have to agree with everybody else about the main characters. To me, it seemed like all they did was go back and forth with each other. I thought Doris and Rachel were the warmest people in the book.
I also would have liked to see more explanation about the lights.

I mailed this to tiatia this morning.

Journal Entry 25 by tiatia from Fredericksburg, Virginia USA on Friday, December 16, 2005

Received in the mail on Thursday late. Oh how that pesky work gets in the way of fun stuff.
Plan to start this weekend if the Christmas last minute stuff doesn't derail me. With no tree up yet, that may be an optimistic timetable. Will journal when I finish. Happy holidays to all and especially Valentina1209 who started this ring.

Journal Entry 26 by tiatia from Fredericksburg, Virginia USA on Monday, December 26, 2005

Once I made time to read this, it zipped along. Certain parts of the ending were predictable, although I thought some parts would happen sooner. While better written than a Harlequin romance I thought that Sparks did not have enough character or plot development to place this book far above that genre.

To be popped into the mail to brendalc57.

Journal Entry 27 by Brendalc57 from Sacramento, California USA on Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Just received it in this evenings mail and will start it tomorrow. Will journal once it is read. Thanks tiatia for sending it to me.

Journal Entry 28 by Brendalc57 from Sacramento, California USA on Sunday, January 22, 2006

Jeremy Marsh a writer for a Science Magazine is contacted by a psychic woman from Boone Creek, a small town in N. Carolina, to come and investigate a local mystery. The mystery is that on foggy nights there appear in the old Cedar Creek Cemetery some lights or ghosts...they can't quite figure out what they are.

The story places Jeremy in this small town investigating what this lights really are and how he comes to solve the mystery. But not without first getting into a very interesting relationship with a very mysterious young woman in this town.

The story is good I enjoyed reading the book. In Sparks manner of writing he pulls one into his book and keeps you there and of course the ending just is really something else as you think one thing is going to happen at one moment and you turn the page and he zaps you with something else, so all in all it was a pretty good read.

Just waiting to hear from kimsbooks03 and will send it off to her. Thanks valentina for the opportunity to read this book.

Journal Entry 29 by kimsbooks03 from Scranton, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, February 25, 2006

Arrived today. I just finished a book so I will start this one tomorrow.

Journal Entry 30 by kimsbooks03 from Scranton, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, March 17, 2006

I have to say that I agree with some of the previous readers, this book just didn't seem to live up to the expectations I had for it. When I dive into a Nicholas Sparks book I can't wait to meet the two main characters, with Jeremy and Lex I felt their story was rushed. In my opinion they didn't really spend much time together, so I don't see how was possible for them to fall for each other.

Valentina1209 thank you for inclduing me in this ring.

Journal Entry 31 by kimsbooks03 at Montrose, PA Post Office in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (4/5/2006 UTC) at Montrose, PA Post Office in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

I sent this out last week via air mail.

My computer is down at home and this is the first chance I've had to make release notes.

Journal Entry 32 by cestmoi from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Good news!

This arrived today!!! Will read and journal again soon.

Journal Entry 33 by cestmoi from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 28, 2006

I have to agree with the previous journallers.

What Nicholas Sparks does best is create empathy between the reader and the characters, he makes us see ourselves in his characters and thats what makes his writing so poignant and so touching.

In this novel, he seems to be on too many tangents - a fake haunting, a young woman with a sad past, a psychic grandmother with common sense, an opportunistic mayor, a stereotypical red neck Deputy - and none of it seems to come together for a cohesive, interesting story.

I'll be putting this in the mail for kayjay33 on Monday.

Journal Entry 34 by cestmoi from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Monday, May 01, 2006

Mailed today!
Canada Post Tracking # 7210 7250 0039 1951

Journal Entry 35 by wingkayjay33wing from Langley, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, May 04, 2006

This very large book arrived in my mailbox today. I will try to read it quickly and send it on its way but it could take a couple of weeks. Thank you Valentina1209 for including me in the bookray, and thank you Cestmoi for sending it to me so promptly , as well as surprise book from my wish list.

Journal Entry 36 by wingkayjay33wing from Langley, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, May 07, 2006

In spite of what others have said, I still enjoyed this book very much.I agree that it isn't one of Sparks best books, it never once made me choke up with emotion as so many of his stories do, but it was a good light read. Some of the secondary characters were just that , real characters and added much to the pleasure of the story. I will be sending the book on to the next person in line soon.I'm just waiting for the address.

Journal Entry 37 by wingkayjay33wing from Langley, British Columbia Canada on Monday, May 08, 2006

The book is on its way to Morgail in Kentucky. I sent it this morning by Canada Post.

Journal Entry 38 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Arrived today! Will start reading tonight.

Journal Entry 39 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, June 03, 2006

I enjoyed this book. It was a good love story & I liked the characters. I, too, was surprised at the lack of tragedy, but I found the happy ending to be a good one.

Mailing to thegoaliegirl in Washington today.

Journal Entry 40 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Thursday, June 15, 2006

Just received this book and can't wait to read it. Have a couple of other books ahead of it... but am hoping to get to it really soon.

Journal Entry 41 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I really enjoyed this book. While it was lacking some of the tragedy that can be there in some of his books, I really liked this book. It was different enough from anything that I've ever read and found it a fun fast read. I really do like his books, the more I read, the more I want to read by him!

Mailed to momx3lovesbooks yesterday.

Journal Entry 42 by valentina1209 from Bethpage, New York USA on Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Please note:

kayjay33 would like to invite any interested participants of this bookray to join her bookring for At First Sight, the sequel to True Believer. PM her for details.

Journal Entry 43 by momx3lovesbooks on Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Caught today and Im looking forward to another Sparks book! I just finished my CR so will start this one now.

07/09-Like others have said, I didn't have the huge emotional attachment regarding the characters in this book has I have with other Sparks books, but I did enjoy it. Im looking forward to reading the sequel.

Will be in the mail mid week.

Journal Entry 44 by momx3lovesbooks on Wednesday, July 12, 2006

mailed to kennie2775 via surface mail. Custom Claims #LC881730684US

Journal Entry 45 by kennie2775 from not specified, not specified not specified on Tuesday, July 25, 2006

book arrived today. can't wait to read it! thanks.

August 8,2006- just finished reading this book and have sent it on to missprisy. hope she enjoys this book as much as i did. thanks for including me in this bookray. kendra stach

Journal Entry 46 by missprisy from Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Received, can't wait to start it...I have one ring in front of this one. Once I finish it, I'll start this.

Journal Entry 47 by missprisy from Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Friday, September 01, 2006

I really enjoyed this book. Mailing to collectorkerri today. Thanks for letting me be a part of this bookray.

Journal Entry 48 by wingcollectorkerriwing from Springfield, Illinois USA on Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I have a few other rings before this one, but I'm a fast reader, so I'll be as quick as I can.

Journal Entry 49 by hennismm from Brunswick, Ohio USA on Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Only a few more journalers are needed and this book will make the Bookcrossing Top 100 Books Most Traveled. Thanks for sharing to so many valentina1209.

Journal Entry 50 by wingcollectorkerriwing from Springfield, Illinois USA on Monday, October 16, 2006

Not one of Nicholas Sparks' better books, as previous journalers have said. I didn't quite buy the "great love" of Jeremy and Lexie, as it didn't seem authentic. And the explanation for the lights was kind of lame.

Sent on to hobbit today.

Journal Entry 51 by hobbit from Barnes, Wisconsin USA on Monday, October 23, 2006

This book arrived in today's mail and I'm very much looking forward to reading it, as I have enjoyed the other books I've read by Nicholas Sparks. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 52 by rainwolfe from Crofton, Maryland USA on Tuesday, November 14, 2006

This was waiting for me on my chair when I got home from class last night. And I'm off work today!

Journal Entry 53 by rainwolfe from Crofton, Maryland USA on Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sorry for the delay. Our rep came and shared a compound infection (sinus, bronchitis, etc) with us, during one of our busiest seasons. Yay.
Finally thinking Spring may come after all... and finally made it to the post office this evening.
On it's way to Nancyluvsbooks

Journal Entry 54 by nancyluvsbooks from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Received this book yesterday. The only book I've read by this author was The Notebook, and I loved that book. I read romances once in a great while, but they're not my favorite, and the synopsis of this book looks like a basic romance (reminiscent of Nora Roberts). I'm trying not to pre-judge the book before I even start it, but, being a fan of the paranormal, this book already looks like it reverts away from the plot that would be interesting to me, i.e., the investigation into whether or not the light phenomena in the cemetary are real, and detours to a romance. However, Nora Roberts wrote a ghost story romance that I liked, entitled Black Rose, and so I may like this one, too, even if it doesn't have the emotional power of The Notebook. I just hope that the paranormal flavor of the story doesn't get totally abandoned by the romance plot.

Journal Entry 55 by nancyluvsbooks from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Thursday, March 15, 2007

This book wasn't my cup of tea. I was very bored by the entire story. I never felt any emotions for the main characters; in fact there was very poor character development throughout. The paranormal factor started out being a little intriguing, but then became just as lame as the romance. My guess is that if Nicholas Sparks hadn't already been famous, he would have received a rejection slip from the publisher on this one.

Thank you for including me in this book ray, Valenina 1209.

Mailed to clawdette today.

Journal Entry 56 by clawdette from Houma, Louisiana USA on Wednesday, March 21, 2007

received today, will journal when read

Journal Entry 57 by clawdette from Houma, Louisiana USA on Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am FINALLY releasing to sleepymom..sorry for the delay...life got in the way.

I didn't enjoy this book as much as I did other Nicholas Sparks books but still a good read.

Journal Entry 58 by sleepymom from Bayfield, Colorado USA on Monday, July 02, 2007

received today. Will read ASAP. I am in the middle of another book right now though. This will be next.

Journal Entry 59 by sleepymom from Bayfield, Colorado USA on Saturday, August 11, 2007

I finally finished this book. I am sorry it took so long, life and family and HP got in the way of making it a quick read. I agree with the others. This was not a great Sparks book. I normally LOVE his books.

Dabercro asked to be skipped so am sending this to Aramena on Monday.

Journal Entry 60 by wingAramenawing from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Monday, August 20, 2007

I just checked Saturday''s mail here at the office and this book was waiting for me! Since my current read is pretty massive and a totally different type of book (Outlander by Diana Gabaldon), I plan to go ahead and start this one soon and it will be probably be my at work book.

Journal Entry 61 by wingAramenawing from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Friday, August 31, 2007

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said! I enjoy Sparks' books, though I don't think of him as a great writer, just a great storyteller (not that I could do any better, mind you!). I never connected with the main characters in this one, and didn't really believe in their great love either, though I did believe it a little more on Jeremy's side than on Lexie's, if that makes any sense! I didn't really feel that any of the characters was very fleshed out. The ending was very pat and predictable. Frankly, I would have preferred that the mystery of the lights not be solved!

Regardless, as I reached the end of the book, I was caught up in it, and it was still an enjoyable read. After seeing the JE up above about the ring for the sequel, I clicked on the link, only to discover that it has apparently stalled.

Starbrightxx already has a copy of the book, so I PMd andreadawn86 yesterday, and as soon as I have her address this well-traveled book will be on it's way again!

Update 9/14/07: andreadawn86 said to skip her, so no one left! Notifed valentina1209, and she posted in forum to see if anyone else interested.

Journal Entry 62 by wingAramenawing from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

After some apparent PM delays, I have top-tappser's address and the book is being mailed today!

Journal Entry 63 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rec'd today via the postman. Will begin it as soon as I finish the ray in front of it.

Journal Entry 64 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sparks writes beautifully. I will continue to read all he has to offer. It is true that these characters did not seem to be as well developed and likeable as those I have read about in the past. But, the book still held my attention and I finally did relate to them some in the last couple of chapters. Maybe this is developing the characters for the next book (At First Sight) which I have on my shelf and was waiting to read until I could get this one. I noticed somebody earlier in these journal entries offered it as a ring/ray, but it is stalled. I am willing to give up my copy to replace it if you would like. Just drop me a pm. When I finish with it is yours, if you want it. I have the address of the next reader of this book and will get it in the mail this week. Thanks for the opportunity to read it.

Journal Entry 65 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mailed to Sissyrun today.

Journal Entry 66 by Sissyrun from Modesto, California USA on Sunday, November 18, 2007

Arrived safely in today's mail. Currently reading another bookray. Should start this one soon!

Journal Entry 67 by Sissyrun from Modesto, California USA on Monday, December 03, 2007

Just finished and I kinda feel ho-hum about it. I've read a couple of other NS books and they were better. The beginning reminded me of watching John Edward's Crossing Over with my sister. You want to believe, but you know there's a trick to it. The ending was predictable. I think I like Doris the best.
PMing caridad for her address.

Journal Entry 68 by Sissyrun at N/A in Mailed via media mail, A Trade -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (12/5/2007 UTC) at N/A in Mailed via media mail, A Trade -- Controlled Releases

Mailed today to Caridad.
Happy trails.........

Journal Entry 69 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Friday, December 28, 2007

Wow! The cover photo is the same one I used on some of my Christmas cards this year from thegreatergood.com. Will put in the soon TBR pile.

Journal Entry 70 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, December 31, 2007

I was disappointed because this one was so predictible and didn't have as much of the omph as other Sparks books I have read. Thanks for sharing, Valentina1209.

PMed dnsvm for mailing address.

Journal Entry 71 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Mailed to dnsvm.

Journal Entry 72 by dnsvm from Longmont, Colorado USA on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just received this and will start soon. Wow! This book is well-traveled. I'm a little leery after reading some of the journal entries, but I found the sequel at a garage sale and thought I should try one out first.

Pm'ing ckcpurple today for address too!

Journal Entry 73 by dnsvm from Longmont, Colorado USA on Friday, March 28, 2008

I finished this book this week and actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It wasn't a show-stopper of a read, but it held my attention enough. This summer I plan to read the sequel and see how everything with Jeremy Marsh turned out.

Sending off soon!

Journal Entry 74 by ckcpurple from Speedway, Indiana USA on Monday, April 28, 2008

Received! Sorry it's taken me so long to log that the book made it's way safely to me. Really busy and just came up for air. Plan to read during my vacation in mid-May. Will send to next as soon as I'm done. Will p'm Dawnini.

Thanks for including me in the bookray!

Journal Entry 75 by ckcpurple from Speedway, Indiana USA on Thursday, May 08, 2008

Just received another copy of this book with the sequel so I am PM-ing NMReader so it can keep moving.

Journal Entry 76 by ckcpurple from Speedway, Indiana USA on Thursday, May 08, 2008

BTW - skipping Dawnini because already read them per acountkel's bookring and no response to previous PM

Journal Entry 77 by ckcpurple from Speedway, Indiana USA on Friday, June 13, 2008

LOVED IT!!!! I thought it was fantastic. Vintage Sparks. That's why I read him. Love reading romance from a male mind. Sending to NMReader.

Journal Entry 78 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, July 14, 2008

It has arrived. Thank you.

Journal Entry 79 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I loved this book. I am going to send as a RABCK to cafekat

Journal Entry 80 by NMReader at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (8/5/2008 UTC) at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Mailing to cafekat - for RABCK contest

Confirmation delivery # is 0308 0070 0000 7605 9306

Journal Entry 81 by cafekat from Rotonda West, Florida USA on Monday, August 11, 2008

Wow!! I am soooo excited to receive a book that is so well traveled.
Thank you!