corner corner The Cat Who Knew Shakespeare!

The Cat Who Knew Shakespeare!
by Lilian Jackson Braun | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingcatsalivewing of Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Monday, March 14, 2005

status (set by gaboyd): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Monday, March 14, 2005

Vastly wealthy due to his inheritance of the Klingenschoen estate in Pickax City way up North, Jim Qwilleran now enjoys the eccentricities of life in Moose County. Series fans will know about his pampered pair of Siamese cats; Koko, the male, pushes various Shakespeare plays off the shelf in Qwilleran's library, presumably commenting on events that excite and scandalize the town: the "accidental" death of the newspaper publisher, the disastrous fire that destroys the office, etc. A comfortable, quaint diversion, with interesting character names, wry remarks about feline behavior, and a deus ex machina protagonist.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, March 17, 2005

I'll hand this over to FutureCat when I get to NZ. It's on FC's wishlist.

Handed over at the registration meetup.

Journal Entry 3 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, March 25, 2005

Received from Catsalive at last night's Welcome Meetup for the NZBC Convention - thank you so much! I love these books, as do a few other Christchurch bookcrossers, so it'll get passed around a lot!

=+=

Journal Entry 4 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, April 08, 2005

Another lovely Cat Who story. This one is quite sweet - there's the beginnings of the whole Qwill/Polly thing, plus I finally got to find out why Qwill doesn't drink (something I've been wondering about for several books now).

A great book to read on a lazy evening (in between watching bits of the Pope's funeral - totally weird (but cool) to hear all that Latin being spoken on prime-time TV - I think what TV needs is more dead languages!!!)

I'll take this to the next meetup for Lyttletonwitch and Cathietay to fight over ;-)

=+=

Journal Entry 5 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Friday, April 08, 2005

I'm SO glad you enjoyed it. I have the first 15 or so books & am thinking it might be a good idea to RING them all. Or maybe get a few people involved so I don't have to send all mine out. What do you think?

Journal Entry 6 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, April 09, 2005

A bookring (or 15!) sounds like a great idea - I'd certainly sign up for 10 of them!

=+=

Journal Entry 7 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Given to Lytteltonwitch at tonight's meetup. She's promised to pass it on to Cathietay next.

=+=

Journal Entry 8 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Another cat book to read

Journal Entry 9 by Cathietay from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, July 30, 2005

Picked up at the July meet up - forgot to journal at the time. Another great cat who mystery to read on a rainy sunday! Catsalive I'd love a bookring of the others.

Journal Entry 10 by gaboyd at Geraldine, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, January 16, 2012

Found in the Gearldine Catholic Prespatroy bookshelf. It is rented out for $60, as a holiday house. Bookings, via Temuka Cathloic Church.
Released in Gearldine, this am, by the supermarket.

Journal Entry 11 by gaboyd at Barkers shop in Geraldine, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, January 16, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (1/16/2012 UTC) at Barkers shop in Geraldine, Canterbury New Zealand

Released while on holiday.