corner corner Chocolat

Chocolat
by Joanne Harris | Women's Fiction
Registered by wingmaid-of-kentwing of Amstelveen, Noord-Holland Netherlands on 3/11/2005

status (set by Poodlesister): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingmaid-of-kentwing from Amstelveen, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, March 11, 2005

good-ish

Journal Entry 2 by wingwanderingwing from Breda, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, June 26, 2005

What can I say - appealing title! Seems like excellent summer-time reading...

Edit 21-09-2005: haven't read it yet, but lent it to a friend who was looking for this book.
Edit 07-01-2006: got it back...

Journal Entry 3 by wingwanderingwing from Breda, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, May 27, 2007

For once, I must say I liked the movie better than the book. Maybe the movie made me expect too much, I don't know.

I think the book is well-written, the wording is good and descriptive. It's the story that didn't catch me. It seemed to drift, it doesn't really have a beginning and an ending. It made me think a bit of the Mary Poppins story (which I love). The chapters written from the viewpoint of Father Reynaud I didn't like that much, maybe because I didn't like the character. My favourite character is Armande. I want to grow old like that!

___________________________

p. 296: They gave weight to my wanderings, the glossy clippings shining out from between the smeary pages like signposts along our erratic path.

I will send this book to Cahira as a prize for winning the lottery. Congratulations and enjoy this book!

Journal Entry 4 by Cahira from Bergen op Zoom, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thank you for sending me this book, Wandering. It is on my wishlist so you've made an excellent choice. I am very curieus about this book.
After reading your JE I am glad I haven't seen the movie so I have an open mind before reading this book.
Thanks again.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAaltsjewing at Terschelling West, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Uit een doos boeken van Cahira

Journal Entry 6 by wingAaltsjewing at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (4/20/2018 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

Took it to the convention.

Journal Entry 7 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Quelque part à Bordeaux in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Sunday, April 22, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (4/22/2018 UTC) at Quelque part à Bordeaux in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

Release walk Bordeaux BC Convention 2018

Released outside a Chocolatier.