corner corner The Stars' Tennis Balls

The Stars' Tennis Balls
by Stephen Fry | Literature & Fiction
Registered by inkognitoh of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 3/8/2005

status (set by inkognitoh): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Purchased from the Barons Court Library who are having yet another book sale. Part of a 7 or £1 deal.

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, June 03, 2013

I found so many allusions and homages to great works of literature in this book (Brideshead Revisited, The Great Gatsby, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest & some Shakespeare) but I missed the major one from never having read the book. Apparently it was a modern re-telling of The Count of Monte Christo.

I've not read anything else by Fry so wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't feel his persona especially stamped on the novel as I had expected to.

I enjoyed the story and the change in style and tone that each ploy turn brought about. It has made me want to read The Count of Monte Christo. So many books etc.

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Passed on to another reader who expressed an interest in Bookcrossing.