corner corner Bleachers

Bleachers
by John Grisham | Literature & Fiction
Registered by lovemylife of Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on 3/4/2005

status (set by brewski): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by lovemylife from Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on Friday, March 04, 2005

Neely Crenshaw, once the best football player on his high school team, has come home to bury Eddie Rake, the coach that molded the Spartans into an unbeatable team. As the erstwhile champions sit in the bleachers and rehash old games, they try to decide once and for all whether they loved or hated their coach.

Journal Entry 2 by lovemylife from Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, March 31, 2005

This book is traveling to Brewski in Canada.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 11, 2005

Thank you so much lovemylife. I received this in the mail this past Friday along with the surprise book for my daughter :) I'm looking forward to reading this a lot.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I finally picked up this book after having it in my possession for about three years in order to use it for guinaveve's 2008 Keep Them Moving Challenge.

I should have read this earlier as it is a quick and interesting read that not surprisingly made me think back to my high school days. I never played football at high school and my high school's football team was never a powerhouse in any sense. However many aspects of this novel were eerily familiar to me... 1) Football coach has almost full control of the school's funding, in fact he was the athletic director at my school 2) football players walked around like they were something super special 3) they named the stadium after the coach, etc...

I guess this is common of many football programs in US high schools. But blech, I'm just not into this football hero worship, I liked the diversity of sports to be enjoyed at my school like swimming, water polo, etc. The only downside was that we had to fund our own sport's expenditures by running the snack bar at bingo nights since football grabbed all the "free funds"

In any case this was an interesting read that I think others will like. The writing was only so-so I think compared to Grisham's earlier work, but still readable and entertaining. I will now release this into the wild.

Journal Entry 5 by brewski at Scotiabank, Bay and King in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (4/9/2008 UTC) at Scotiabank, Bay and King in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Left in the 25th floor lunchroom at 44 King St W.

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, brewski, as your referring member.