corner corner Tattoo

Tattoo
by Dale Durfee | Literature & Fiction
Registered by whimzykat of Fredonia, Arizona USA on 3/4/2005

status (set by duklyn): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by whimzykat from Fredonia, Arizona USA on Friday, March 04, 2005

A lovely collection of body art in various extremes. My favorite belongs to Anna on page 54-55. The most beautiful photo in the book has to be pages 60-61. Some nudity, but tasteful, even on the morbidly obese. These photos show true art in the tattoos and highlights the numerous styles and differences in personal preference among the human canvases. I bought this collection for the express purpose of the "Do you tattoo?" BookRay. Each participant is asked to upload a photo of their tattoo, where they want one, or even where they don't have one, along with their journal entry. Let's have fun and show off your art! It took me ten years to choose the art for mine. I knew I wanted one, I could just never really decide on the image. Over coffee with my social/youth worker church lady friend, we came up with the dragonfly, an ancient creature barely changed yet highly adaptable, combined with a dagger, a symbol of truth, and two weeks later, I had my art!

Journal Entry 2 by whimzykat at Controlled Release in Fort Worth, Texas USA on Friday, March 04, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (3/4/2005 UTC) at Controlled Release in Fort Worth, Texas USA

Do You Tattoo? BookRay off and running on its merry way to Gingersmack.

At right, one I'd like to have...

Journal Entry 3 by whimzykat from Fredonia, Arizona USA on Monday, March 07, 2005

Ok, so Weebl fighting the dragon may not be the best choice of a tattoo, but I think its a cute bit of art...

Members:

JavaGrrl, nee Gingersmack-adorable!
jenm-beautiful!
tchouli -nice pics!
icekween01-awesome!
penguinlady930-I love your dreamcatcher
andrea1982-adorable! I like bugs.
therubycanary
sistert---would love to see your pics...
alrescate-lovely tribal frog! Let us know if you get one
gooberguts (Canada)
Heaven150 (Canada)--here, beautiful sunflower!
duklyn (Canada)
zale (Canada)
mel723 (netherlands)

Journal Entry 4 by Lesigh from Lake Stevens, Washington USA on Thursday, March 17, 2005

Rec'd, for bookray. Looks fabulous.

To be read and released to Jenm; Bridgeport, Connecticut.

Journal Entry 5 by Lesigh at Controlled Release - Bookray in Dupont, Washington USA on Saturday, April 16, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (4/15/2005 UTC) at Controlled Release - Bookray in Dupont, Washington USA

Off to Jenm, Connecticut.

Pic: Right ankle. A wee bit of glare, my apologies.

Journal Entry 6 by jenm from Waterbury, Connecticut USA on Thursday, April 21, 2005

got this as part of the Do You Tattoo bookray. I've started looking thru ti and I'm in awe. I'll upload pics soon...

Journal Entry 7 by jenm from Waterbury, Connecticut USA on Monday, April 25, 2005

I loved this book. The art work is incredible (the tigers are my favorite but they're all great). I also liked to read a bit about the people.
I'm having some trouble with my digital camera but I'll get pix uploaded soon.
Sending it on today...

Journal Entry 8 by jenm at Bookray in Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 25, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (4/25/2005 UTC) at Bookray in Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

sending to tchouli

Journal Entry 9 by tchouli from Snellville, Georgia USA on Sunday, May 01, 2005

recvd today when i returned home

the book looks great.

the picture is of my 4th tattoo. i had a friend draw this for me and then the artist modified it to make a better presentation on skin. all of my tattoos have to do with cats.

Journal Entry 10 by tchouli from Snellville, Georgia USA on Sunday, May 01, 2005

fabulous work - i particularly like the tribal tattoos. enclosed is another of my tattoos - this one is the chinese symbol for cat.

Journal Entry 11 by tchouli from Snellville, Georgia USA on Monday, May 02, 2005

mailed today

Journal Entry 12 by icekween01 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Thursday, May 05, 2005

received today. AWESOME TATS! funny how many of the people featured are tattoo artists. :)

I liked the second tat in the book, (the buddha on the neck and symbol on the head) that was cool... Raja's is really cool as well (lotus flower...again on the head...since I can't put one there I guess I'm fixated)
Patricia's slave girl is cool...Tas' chest is also cool! I like his nipple "eye" :)

but I have to say my favorite is Mick's back (p.69). That one is incredible!

The tat pictured is my latest and favorite...it's the symbol for woman with a fist inside, my own personal feminist revolution...inspired by the old Rosie the Rivoter posters...I'm very proud of it.
Tattoo artist: Nate at Allstar tattoo - St. Louis, MO.

PEACE and all good things!!

Journal Entry 13 by icekween01 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, May 09, 2005

Most of my tats are Kanji symbols. These two are on the inside of my wrists. The symbol on the left is the symbol for woman and the symbol on the right is the symbol for life.

Journal Entry 14 by icekween01 at -- By post or by hand-ie ring, trade, RABCK, meet in St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, May 09, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (5/9/2005 UTC) at -- By post or by hand-ie ring, trade, RABCK, meet in St. Louis, Missouri USA

sending to the next bookcrosser on the list penguinlady930

The tat's pictured here are

OM and Peace!!!

Happy Bookcrossing!!!

Journal Entry 15 by penguinlady930 from Sunnyside, New York USA on Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I have to apologize for the delay on journaling this book. I have never had a problem receiving a book...until now! Little delivery mix up with my PO and I wasn't quite sure exactly where this book was for a few weeks. I found out that some substitute postman filling in for the regular guy had tried to deliver it when I wasn't home. Apparently he didn't know that we have a package room in the management office of my apartment complex so he took it back to the PO. I then requested redelivery, was home on the redelivery date, but it never arrived. I contact the PO, they say they don't have it...maybe it was returned to the sender. Oh great! Finally my regular postman tells me he saw a package for me in the package room yesterday. Seems someone took it directly to the package room and never even attempted to bring it to me. Only problem there is I didn't know that because they never left me a delivery note. I told my regular postman that he's not allowed to take any more days off! *sigh*

Soooo...I have taken a quick peek and the tats look amazing! Looking forward to sitting down with it tonight and really checking it out. I have 2 so far and am looking forward to getting more, perhaps this book will provide some creative inspiration.

Journal Entry 16 by penguinlady930 from Sunnyside, New York USA on Tuesday, June 28, 2005

This was my first tattoo, a dreamcatcher on my right leg.

Journal Entry 17 by penguinlady930 from Sunnyside, New York USA on Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Here's my 2nd tattoo on my neck. It doesn't have any special meaning, I just liked the design.

Journal Entry 18 by penguinlady930 from Sunnyside, New York USA on Tuesday, June 28, 2005

This is hubby's first tattoo.

Journal Entry 19 by penguinlady930 from Sunnyside, New York USA on Tuesday, June 28, 2005

And here's his 2nd. He's planning on more also.

I really enjoyed the photos, they really showed a nice variety of personalitites and artwork. I took the book to a family party over the weekend and had my more conservative, older relatives getting sqeamish just looking at the photos ;)

Ok, going to PM the next person on the list and get this book moving again.

Journal Entry 20 by whimzykat from Fredonia, Arizona USA on Saturday, July 09, 2005

DiamondLucy found a website response to the attacks on London July 7. I found this tattoo and fell in love with it and expect my next one will be similar. www.werenotafraid.com

Journal Entry 21 by andrea1982 from Port Edward, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, July 14, 2005

Yay! I was very excited to find this one waiting for me when I got home from vacation today. The art is amazing, and the photography is stunning. I'll probably spend a few more days with this book then send it on its way soon.

This was my first tattoo (and only one so far), it's on my inner right ankle. I'm planning to get another one on my back, but I'm still deciding on the design.

Journal Entry 22 by therubycanary from Portland, Maine USA on Monday, August 22, 2005

It's great fun looking through this book. Although I don't have any tattoos of my own, I love body art.

Journal Entry 23 by therubycanary from Portland, Maine USA on Friday, August 26, 2005

I really enjoyed this great little book of body art, especially the bird tattoos. The bondage one I thought was a bit much and I don't know if I would like to meet that person late at night. I enjoyed the little bio section at the end as well.

Journal Entry 24 by sistert from Catonsville, Maryland USA on Monday, September 12, 2005

Arrived Saturday. Will look at it tonight with my husband then get it moving again. I'll also post a shot of my tattoo at that time.

Journal Entry 25 by sistert from Catonsville, Maryland USA on Saturday, October 29, 2005

EEK! I'm sorry I've had this one so long. My husband snuck off with it and even loaned it to friends. *shakes head* I'm checking now with alrescate now.

P.S. If I can figure out how to add a picture I'll add one of my tattoo.

Journal Entry 26 by sistert at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 12, 2005

Released 11 yrs ago (12/12/2005 UTC) at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

On its way to alrescate now.

Journal Entry 27 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Thursday, December 22, 2005

This book arrived on my doorstep last night. I don't have a tattoo but I've often see lovely tattoos that made me want one. I love all the journal pictures of all the BC tattoos!

I'll be very careful with this because the cover has let go of the pages. If I knew how to repair it I would.

If I had a tattoo I might like something like this frog which is a tribal piece from tribes of the Northwest Native Americans.

Journal Entry 28 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Wednesday, January 04, 2006

There were some very impressive tattoos in here. The photographer did a nice job with these pictures although at times I would have liked more photos with the details shown more clearly. There were at least ten people with tattoos I really liked so I couldn't possibly pick a favorite. I tended to like the more intricate full body tattoos that had a Japanese theme. (OT: I realize this makes me a square but I really don't get the piercing craze....)

If I had a tattoo I might like a tribal moon much like the last phase of the moon in Calvin Hunt's Kwagiulth Moon.

This was mailed on to Canada today. (Jan. 4, 2006)

Journal Entry 29 by Gooberguts from Saint John, New Brunswick Canada on Thursday, January 12, 2006

Recieved this book in the mail today!! Can't wait to start it tonight at work!! Will make another entry when finished!!

Journal Entry 30 by Gooberguts from Saint John, New Brunswick Canada on Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sorry that it took me a while to make another entry!! finished reading a few days ago. The tattoos were amazing in the book!! Mailing out to Heaven150. Hope you enjoy!!

Journal Entry 31 by Heaven150 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Received this today. Actually, it came yesterday, but it was too big to fit in my mailbox, so I had to go and pick it up.

Briefly flipped through it, can't wait to sit down and really look at it. To reiterate what alrescate said, the cover has come off, the pages are all in fine.

The picture is of my tattoo, on my right ankle, there's three sunflowers all contected by a vine.

Journal Entry 32 by Heaven150 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 18, 2006

Wow, great photos. Some of the tattoos amazed me, the amount of detail was extraordinary. My favourite picture is the dragon on pages 60-61. Sending this off to duklyn today. Thanks for sharing!!

ETA (Mar. 11/069) - I'm so sorry, I thought I had mailed this a couple of weeks ago, but I found it in my book bag while at the post office. It is in the mail now. Sorry for the delay!!!!!

Journal Entry 33 by duklyn from Drayton Valley, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 27, 2006

This book has some great tattoos and some just awful piercings.Enjoyed the artwork. Off to zale in the am