1 journaler for this copy...
I bought this on 2/26 for $2.99 at Peddler's Village in Goshen, Indiana. I found it at my sister's (peggypenguin) friend's book booth.
c. 1992 -- 228 pages -- Trade Paperback -- Women - Religious life --Conduct of life -- Inspirational
Back Cover: "Thanks I Needed That!" Barbara Johnson's approach to life is positive, uplifting, therapeutic, and fun. That's why her bestselling books and her Spatula Ministries have helped so many people, and why a prominent Christian leader, on a down day, told her he needed her "splashes of joy." But Barbara Johnson is far from being a cockeyed optimist -- blind to life's grief and disappointment. In fact, her entire ministry of joy and encouragement began in the "slimy cesspool" of her own pain. She is a clear-eyed optimist. And that's why her laughter is so infectious and her wisdom rings so true in this joy-giving book, which offers giggles and guidance to help you:
* shore up a sinking self-esteem
* reach the other side of your grief
* weather your stress and get rid of your guilt
* restore the joys of motherhood
* repair broken relationships with your children
* learn to live with your illness
* cultivate your patience -- even when you just don't think you can wait
* sustain an effective prayer life
* make peace with aging -- and go for healthy maturity
"Almost everyone need a splash of joy to get through the mess, to get cleaned off and get sweetened up -- refreshed and ready to go again," Barbara Johnson says. And that's what you get in this book. With short chapters intended to be read in one sitting -- plus a collection of quips and quotes at the close of each -- Splashes of Joy offers an invigorating spurt of encouragement and a gentle reminder to splatter joy into the lives of others as well.