corner corner The Wedding Date

The Wedding Date
by elizabeth young | Women's Fiction
Registered by sharalsbooks of Mesa, Arizona USA on Tuesday, February 15, 2005

status (set by sharalsbooks): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by sharalsbooks from Mesa, Arizona USA on Tuesday, February 15, 2005

One wedding. No funeral. One unqualified catastrophe.

"Dominic" was the little white lie thirty and still unwed Sophy Metcalfe told to soothe her nagging mother. But now her perfect sister Belinda is tying the knot, and Sophy's going to have to produce the charming, successful, ideal boyfriend she invented---since the genuine article vanished after a single, resoundingly unsuccessful evening. Desperate, she hires a male escort sight unseen to get her through the Nuptials from Hell. But the trouble with white lies is they tend to multiply---especially at a gala disaster filled with new intrigues and old flames. And the trouble with Josh, her hired date, is he's kind of cute, in a rugged, too-sexy-for-his-own-good way. And then there's the biggest trouble of all---because every wedding day is followed by a night. And, of course, a morning after...

Journal Entry 2 by sharalsbooks at Gilbert, Arizona USA on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This book will be going to the used book store to make room on Mount TBR. Though this book will be long gone, I was able to acquire an electronic copy of this book to read on my Nook. I will update this space with my review after I've read it.

9/14/2014:

A very cute and enjoyable story by a new to me author that I wish I had read sooner. I thought Sophy and her mates were very likable characters and with Josh, she finds the perfect match. Though I fully understood why Sophy found it necessary to invent a fictional boyfriend, this story is the result of what happens when all of her lies come full circle. On the upside is if she hadn’t lied about her love life, she would never have met Josh.

Things start to unravel after her sister’s wedding that make for some very surprising twists and interesting outcomes. This book had many laugh out loud moments and was a fast read for me. The characters kept me interested in the plot, anticipating what would happen next.

This book is a must read for all fans of the chick-lit or contemporary romance genres. If you aren’t a fan of romance, this book will appeal to readers who enjoy humorous fiction. Kudos to Ms. Young for penning a book that was a fun read filled with entertaining characters in awkward but funny situations.

Journal Entry 3 by sharalsbooks at Half Price Books 6339 E. Southern Avenue in Mesa, Arizona USA on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (9/7/2011 UTC) at Half Price Books 6339 E. Southern Avenue in Mesa, Arizona USA

Book taken to Half Price Books to clean up in preparation for moving.