corner corner Fast Women

by Jennifer Crusie | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by boomda181 on Monday, February 14, 2005

status (set by usedtobe): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by boomda181 on Monday, February 14, 2005

Nell Dysart's in trouble. Weighted down by an inexplicable divorce and a loss of appetite for everything, Nell is sleepwalking through life until her best friend finagles a job for her with a shabby little detective agency that has lots of potential and a boss who looks easy to manage.

I was disappointed by this book. I thought I was in for a good quality chick lit novel. Instead, I found the characters were confusing rather than strong.

Journal Entry 2 by dodau from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 19, 2005

recieved safely this morning.

Journal Entry 3 by dodau from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 22, 2005

At first reading the back of this I thought it was just going to be a romance. Then I read the bit about the detective agency and warmed to it a bit. Once I started reading I was hooked and didn't want to put it down to go to bed. The story was quite complex and I found it hard to guess who the villian was, though in the end it was a case of doh why didn't I realise. A good book.
This is a ring. For list of participants look here

Journal Entry 4 by dodau at Surface Mail in Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (6/7/2005 UTC) at Surface Mail in Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 5 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Sunday, June 12, 2005

This book is a replacement copy for the bookring started by NeedSun which was lost in the mail. (The book was lost, not NeedSun. *grin*) The original bookring's journal page can be found here.

This arrived safely in the mail to me yesterday. I've got a few other rings and rays to get finish, but I should be able to get started on this within a week or two.

Journal Entry 6 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Friday, June 24, 2005

This was a fairly good book, the author is definitely a good writer, although I wouldn't really claim that the genre of this book is one of my favorites,therefore I probably wouldn't rate it as high as others would.

That said, there was enough suspense and mystery, though romance was definitely the overriding theme, to keep me interested. The characters were interesting, although I did feel like hitting a few of them over the head more than once. :)

This will be on it's way to RaineeRose in the next couple of days (or else after I return from Niagara Falls on Wednesday at the latest).

Journal Entry 7 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Saturday, June 25, 2005

Thanks, Cherie, for giving me the bcid. Here is the list of participants so people don't have to go chasing off to the original book journal to find them:

Katayoun.........Iran/Int
spaceystacey.....US/US
morpha.............US/Int
HallieK.............US/Int
Back to me...Needsun in Canada

Journal Entry 8 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Friday, July 01, 2005

Put this in the mail to RaineeRose on Friday, July 1, via Media Mail.

Journal Entry 9 by RaineeRose from Rochester, New York USA on Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Received today. I'll put this next in my tbr pile. Thanks!

Journal Entry 10 by RaineeRose from Rochester, New York USA on Thursday, July 28, 2005

This wasn't my favorite of Crusie's books, but I'm glad I read it. The problem for me was that I felt the story could have been resolved much sooner; it dragged on a bit too long. I found myself putting the book down for days at a time, which is very unlike me; once I start a book, I usually finish it very quickly. This one, however, didn't always keep my interest -- of course, I was planning for and taking a vacation during this time as well, so that may have had something to do with it! I do have to say that this was an excellent light beach read. I read it while visiting Laguna Beach and Newport Beach in California.

Thanks, NeedSun, for starting this ring. CdnBlueRose has asked to be skipped, so I'll send this on to timollie5502 by the end of this week.

Journal Entry 11 by RaineeRose at sent via media mail at Rochester, NY post office in Mailed to another BC member, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 01, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (8/1/2005 UTC) at sent via media mail at Rochester, NY post office in Mailed to another BC member, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sending on to timollie5502. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by timollie5502 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, August 05, 2005

Just got this today in the mail... I will start it tomorrow!

Journal Entry 13 by timollie5502 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, August 15, 2005

This book had some really great, steamy scenes, but I agree that the characters were fairly confusing at times. Especially all of the men - I couldn't keep a lot of the bad guys straight!

Mailed on to the next person on 8/17/05.

Journal Entry 14 by babykittysmama from Redondo Beach, California USA on Monday, August 22, 2005

Just received and am anxious to read this. Thanks for sending this my way.

Journal Entry 15 by babykittysmama from Redondo Beach, California USA on Friday, August 26, 2005

This was the second time I've read this book. I still couldn't keep everyone straight!!

Sending onto SpaceyStacey....

Journal Entry 16 by spaceystacey from Bridgeton, New Jersey USA on Monday, October 10, 2005

Received in the post on Saturday. Seems to have taken abit of time. Looks like it was opened but no damage. Will be reading shortly and journalling again.

What a spectacular read with a wealth of characters. Read it yourself and meet Nell, Suze, Margie, Chloe, and Lu. Their men Gabe, Riley, Trevor, Jack, and Jase. They will take you on a romantically funny ride through a slice of their life.

On to the next reader just as soon as I have the address.

Journal Entry 17 by HallieK from Austin, Texas USA on Sunday, November 27, 2005

Got this in the mail about a week and a half ago. I apologize for taking so long to journal. We've had guests for the last two weeks straight and I've just finally gotten some quality computer time. I also finished reading this today (for the second time this year!). I think this one is my favorite Crusie. I love Nell! The story is great and the romance is pretty alright, too. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 18 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Monday, January 02, 2006

This book arrived home safe and sound. Thank you everyone who participated in this bookring, you all took such good care of the book.

I am going to offer it up on Titletrader and perhaps introduce someone to bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 19 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Sent, via airmail, to Virgulina in Portugal. Maybe a new bookcrosser will get recruited!

Journal Entry 20 by usedtobe on Monday, January 09, 2006

It didn't take very long to get here! I'm sorry to say you won't be recruiting a new BC because I already am one! ;o) Thanks NeedSun! I'll read it and then pass it along to a friend BC who is a fan of Jennifer Crusie.

Journal Entry 21 by usedtobe at By Mail in International Trade Site, BookMooch -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 05, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (2/6/2007 UTC) at By Mail in International Trade Site, BookMooch -- Controlled Releases

I'm moving to a new apartment and will be busy for a while, so I won't have much time to read in the meantime. I decided to release a couple of the BookCrossing books I have with me, so they can continue on their travels. This one is going to Lynne in the UK, through BookMooch. Enjoy! :o)