corner corner Inkheart

Inkheart
by Cornelia Funke | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by ink-heart of Wolfenbüttel, Niedersachsen Germany on 2/11/2005

status (set by ink-heart): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ink-heart from Wolfenbüttel, Niedersachsen Germany on Friday, February 11, 2005

Meggie loves books. So does her father, Mo, a bookbinder, although he has never read aloud to her since her mother mysteriously disappeared. They live quietly until the night a stranger knocks at their door. He has come with a warning that forces Mo to reveal an extraordinary secret - a storytelling secret that will change their lives for ever.

"Inkheart" is the thrilling new adventure from Cornelia Funke, the international bestselling children's author of "The Thief Lord" and "Dragon Rider". It's a story within a story, where the imaginary becomes real.

This is one of my all-time-favourites (who would have guessed ;o)) and I would like it to have lots of thrilled readers all over the world. If you love books, this will be just the right thing for you.

This book is meant to be an international bookring.

Order of participants for the time being:

MollyGrue, Washington, USA

Schildkroet, Germany
realkiku, Germany
nattiii, Germany
zitrus, Germany

Released February, 14th to MollyGrue.

Journal Entry 2 by MollyGrue from Tacoma, Washington USA on Thursday, February 24, 2005

I do have a few rings ahead of this one, but I will try to get to this fairly soon...Maybe tomorrow. ;)

Journal Entry 3 by MollyGrue from Tacoma, Washington USA on Sunday, March 06, 2005

I loved this story! A truly enthralling story. :)

Even more than the story itself, I think what made me love this book were the quotes from other childrens stories at the beginning of every chapter...and the startling realization that Michael Ende has written more books than two, that someone other than me knows about the Borribles, and other people liked The Satanic Mill as well. :D I will definitely be adding to my wish list from the bibliography.

Thanks for starting this ring! Reserved for the next reader.

Journal Entry 4 by MollyGrue at in the mail in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, March 26, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (3/26/2005 UTC) at in the mail in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sent to SisterT. Happy reading!

DC# 03041560000156650606

Journal Entry 5 by sistert from Catonsville, Maryland USA on Monday, April 04, 2005

The book arrived Saturday and I started it last night. I'm already hooked!

Journal Entry 6 by sistert from Catonsville, Maryland USA on Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A delightful story that, for me anyway, didn't hold up as it came to a close. It felt like the author was trying to quickly finish the story rather than let it go a little longer and really work the ending into a dramatic finish.

I totally agree that the quotes at the beginning of each chapter was a wonderful surprise. I too will be looking for some of the books listed.

Thanks ink-heart for offering up this ring. =)

Reserved for PokPok.

Journal Entry 7 by sistert at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 07, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (4/7/2005 UTC) at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sent to PokPok. Have fun!

Journal Entry 8 by PokPok from Vista, California USA on Thursday, April 14, 2005

I first heard of this book from a friend a year or so ago, who also told me about Eragon. The ring I'm on for Eragon is being revived, and I received this today. Likely I'll be reading them back to back. I'm very excited for both. Thank you for sharing, inkheart.

PokPok

Journal Entry 9 by PokPok at Controlled Release in Controlled release, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, May 08, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (5/8/2005 UTC) at Controlled Release in Controlled release, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

will mail as soon as i get an address.

Journal Entry 10 by PokPok from Vista, California USA on Sunday, May 08, 2005

I had difficulties rating this book. I found it generally very readable, but like others before me, felt the ending fell flat....and really the last 150 pages or so got a bit tedious. Finding her mother, somehow spoiled it for me. It was too pat. I enjoyed Meggie's relationship with Mo as it was. I didn't find it as creative as a book like Harry Potter and not an epic story like Lord of the Rings or even the Chronicles of Narnia. Having said that, the descriptions of books and reading and readers are amazing. I think every BCer should read this book, just for those reasons.

I'm glad I read this, and I'll be giving a copy to my sister as a gift. I think she'll really like it.

I have PMed the next participant for her address.

Journal Entry 11 by gothamgal on Monday, June 06, 2005

How long do I have to wait to read the sequel?
Honestly, I liked this book. It was good to finally cross this off my 'to read' list, especially since a second one is coming out (and a movie)...

Journal Entry 12 by raftina from Santa Ana, California USA on Thursday, September 15, 2005

Got this in the mail a while ago. I'm trying to finish it ASAP so that I can send it to the next person in the bookring! I'm glad I have the chance to read this book. I read a little of it in a bookstore some months ago, so I'm really interested in finishing it.

Journal Entry 13 by ink-heart from Wolfenbüttel, Niedersachsen Germany on Wednesday, January 25, 2006

As this bookring seems to be stuck, silverstarry has kindly offered to revive it with her copy of the book, so the remaining participants will not have to wait in vain.

Thank you, silverstarry!