corner corner I Have a bed made of buttermilk pancakes

I Have a bed made of buttermilk pancakes
by Jaclyn Moriarty | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wombles of Caboolture, Queensland Australia on 2/4/2005

status (set by marcienz): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Friday, February 04, 2005

Won this with 2 other books :)

Journal Entry 2 by wombles at Australian Bookcrossing Convention (2005) in Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (6/24/2005 UTC) at Australian Bookcrossing Convention (2005) in Brisbane, Queensland Australia

at registration night

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, June 24, 2005

Picked up at the ABC convention registration night.

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, September 08, 2005

I really enjoyed this book. I picked it up because I'd read a couple of Jaclyn Moriarty's YA books, and thought it might be interesting to read something she'd written for adults, but I wasn't really expecting more than a lightly entertaining read. But it was so much better than I expected.

I'm not sure what exactly I can say about the plot without giving away massive spoilers, so I'll just say if you're reading it, bear with the strangeness, and read every single bit, even if it doesn't seem to make sense - it'll all come together beautifully in the end.

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 5 by Cathietay from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, September 13, 2005

It looks interesting, I aquired it tonight and look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by Cathietay from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, December 12, 2005

I agree with future cat - very difficult to explain the book without giving away the plot & ending. A delightful book though - a real fairy tale for grown ups like it says on the cover.

Journal Entry 7 by MonkeCatcher from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Looks to be an interesting read. Received it last night and have added it to my stacks of TBR books

Journal Entry 8 by MonkeCatcher from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, January 15, 2006

I finished it a few days ago and loved it. The different perspectives keep it fresh, and I adored the way that all the stories overlapped frquently. A great book. I might be releasing this to a member on a book forum that I visit, otherwise I'll release it into the wild the next time I travel into Christchurch.

Journal Entry 9 by MonkeCatcher at Bookcrossing Meetup - details in notes in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (4/11/2006 UTC) at Bookcrossing Meetup - details in notes in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Released to fellow bookcrossing member

Journal Entry 10 by marcienz from Kimbell, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Collected last night at an excellent meet up at Cafe Bleu. After reading the previous journal entries I'm looking forward to reading this. Cheers.

Journal Entry 11 by marcienz from Kimbell, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Great story! The Zing family is nearly as daft as my family.

Journal Entry 12 by marcienz at Handed to a friend to read. in Greendale, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (4/23/2006 UTC) at Handed to a friend to read. in Greendale, Canterbury New Zealand

Journal Entry 13 by marcienz from Kimbell, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, April 14, 2008

This book came back to me for a wee visit....

Journal Entry 14 by marcienz at Posting boxes, NZ Post, West End Mews in Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, April 14, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (4/14/2008 UTC) at Posting boxes, NZ Post, West End Mews in Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand

On the step in front of the Private Boxes