corner corner Mansfield Park

Mansfield Park
by Jane Austen | Literature & Fiction
Registered by elhamisabel of Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, February 01, 2005

status (set by molekilby): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by elhamisabel from Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Poor Fanny Price is being raised with her rich cousins at Mansfield Park.
While three of her four cousins grow up to be idle and selfish, she falls in love with Edmund who is the only one like-minded. But Edmund loves Mary Crawford.

Her cousin Maria, meanwhile gets engaged to a man with a large fortune but no brains.
Things get complicated when both Maria and Julia Bertram fall in love with Henry Crawford.

Journal Entry 2 by elhamisabel from Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I will send this one out as a bookring.
PM me with your shipping preferences if you'd like to join. I can't guarantee it, though. You must be prepared to ship within Europe.

Please add your screenname, location and the date on the front page. Thank you!

1. quico, Portugal
2. MPD, Portugal
3. ekaterin4luv, Germany

Journal Entry 3 by quico from Coimbra (cidade), Coimbra Portugal on Friday, February 25, 2005

I've got the book. Thanks for sharing, elhamisabel!

Journal Entry 4 by quico from Coimbra (cidade), Coimbra Portugal on Monday, March 07, 2005

Fanny Price is amazing. At first, she seems to be everything a young woman of her time should be: pretty, modest, religious, delicate, quiet, shy. Helas, she is also poor.
But the fragile Fanny Price also knows how to say NO...

Journal Entry 5 by quico from Coimbra (cidade), Coimbra Portugal on Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Here it goes to MPD!

Journal Entry 6 by MPD from Montijo, Setúbal Portugal on Friday, March 11, 2005

Got it! Will read it as soon as I finish the ones I was already reading.
Thanks! :-)

Journal Entry 7 by MPD from Montijo, Setúbal Portugal on Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I liked this book. To be honest, I'm not usually much into romantic/dramatic novels of this kind, but this one is very well written and I found myself crossing my fingers for Fanny Price. Thank you for sharing it! :-)

Journal Entry 8 by MPD at on Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (6/22/2005 UTC) at

Sent to ekaterin4luv just now!

Journal Entry 9 by wingekaterin4luvwing from Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Monday, July 04, 2005

Seems to be a bit longer than Pride and Prejudice - that can't be bad.

Journal Entry 10 by wingekaterin4luvwing from Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Well well, another Austen heroine with a backbone! My compliments. But altogether, I'd say Pride and Prejudice was spunkier and Northanger Abbey was wittier than Mansfield Park. But on the whole not as much dripping with morale as Persuasion.
It took me a rather long time to read this book, in the end I even watched the film to push me to read the book.

Journal Entry 11 by elhamisabel from Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Saturday, April 29, 2006

Arrived back home today. Thank you very much everyone!

Journal Entry 12 by wingmolekilbywing from Brithdir, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, October 30, 2006

This was part of NSSHS 2006. Thank you elhamisabel. I will read soon(ish) and pass on.