corner corner The Time Traveler's Wife

by Audrey Niffenegger | Literature & Fiction
Registered by kelwood of Toledo, Ohio USA on Saturday, January 29, 2005

status (set by jinkyb): available

Journal Entry 1 by kelwood from Toledo, Ohio USA on Saturday, January 29, 2005

I loved this book so much when I read it that I couldn't resist picking up an extra copy at the library's used book sale. Then, when I went to register it, I noticed the original price on the back. It was in pounds, and I had to look up the ISBN number under the amazon.com.uk listing. This book made it from the UK to Toledo, Ohio, USA apparently unaided by a bookcrosser. I think it bodes well for this great book. I will be sure to send it on its way as a RABCK or bookring soon.

Journal Entry 2 by kelwood from Toledo, Ohio USA on Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Released today via media mail to Lizabeth86 for book relay. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Lizabeth86 from Middletown, Connecticut USA on Sunday, May 08, 2005

Received yesterday. I am trying hard not to be intimated by the size of this book. Thanks for offering it up.

Journal Entry 4 by Lizabeth86 from Middletown, Connecticut USA on Monday, October 02, 2006

I had mixed feelings about this book. As a whole I liked it and don't regret reading it. I liked the basic concept of the book but felt it could have been better presented. I did find myself becoming confused when really trying to analyze the past, present and future Henry going into varies times. My hardest problem with this book is that it is set-up with the belief that events are pre-determined and that time traveling does not prevent the outcome of any event. I guess I just don't beleive in that theory. My main complaint of the book however is the last 80 pages. I just did not like that last part of the book at all with the exception of the letter Henry leaves behind and the final scene (although I would have preferred maybe something different).

This is a huge UK edition so I may opt to wild release it prehaps at an OBCZ.

Journal Entry 5 by Lizabeth86 at Nature Preserve, Randolph Rd. in Middletown, Connecticut USA on Saturday, November 11, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (11/11/2006 UTC) at Nature Preserve, Randolph Rd. in Middletown, Connecticut USA

Left in a tree by a bench as you first walk into the preserve

Journal Entry 6 by jinkyb from Middletown, Connecticut USA on Monday, January 29, 2007

Saw the book at the Middletown Nature Preserve walking my dog. It was raining so I just grabbed the book. When I got it home I realized that it was a book I already owned. I'm planning to release it in New Haven tomorrow.