corner corner Whose Wedding is it Anyway?

Whose Wedding is it Anyway?
by Melissa Senate | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Neesy of Brisbane, Queensland Australia on 1/28/2005

status (set by fantasy221): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Neesy from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Friday, January 28, 2005

Red Dress Ink: just picked up from Target with 35% off - can't get any better ;)

Journal Entry 2 by Neesy from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, January 30, 2005

Interesting characters - one that reminded me of the boss from "Devil Wears Prada".
Well brought together at the end - especially dealing with family issues.
Good chick lit read.
To be released at next Brisbane BC meetup

Journal Entry 3 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, February 20, 2005

Thanks for this neesy! Will read it asap!

Journal Entry 4 by MadamMuck from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Saturday, March 19, 2005

Picked up at Trivia Challenge

Journal Entry 5 by MadamMuck from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, March 21, 2005

To be controlled released to Nicola at work.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, April 24, 2005

Picked this one up from a mad book releaser at work! One of several books that she has kindly passed on to me. Thought since she keeps nagging me to journal them that I better start.....
Nice story, bit predictable, good characters though and nice ending. Good easy reading chick book.

CAUGHT IN BRISBANE QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA

Journal Entry 7 by MadamMuck from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, May 16, 2005

Very quick read, the mental pictures that I have of things like the leather veil will certainly be in my mind if I have to go wedding shopping anytime soon.

Glad that common sense prevailed at the end.

Journal Entry 8 by Neesy from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Thursday, May 26, 2005

Picked up at Convention Planning Meetup 21 May - placing into Chick Lit Bookbag :)

Journal Entry 9 by saine from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Sunday, July 31, 2005

I loved this book - although the plot 'twist' was easily spotted from around the first chapter onwards. Still, the writing was engaging and light - just the perfect thing for me to take with me to the bush for a couple of days!

I'm stowing it back in the chicklit bookbag for someone else to enjoy.

Journal Entry 10 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, August 04, 2005

Taken from the chick lit bb.

Journal Entry 11 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pretty lightweight but nice. It irritated me that they took so long to work out a swap between modern and classic bride. Easy reading.

BOB:
Eloise Manfred just sold her soul to the wedding devil.

In exchange for a free $100,000 dream wedding, she'll be featured in a trendy magazine as "Today's Modern Bride." So what if the advertisers dictate what she wears, eats, and registers for? From the gown (it has yellow feathers) to the reception hall (vampire chic) to the rings (what metal is that?) to the prime rib (tofu!), Eloise knows that what really matters is the groom (cold feet?). All she has to do is keep a wedding-planning diary (heavily edited) and have her friends and family ooh and ahh over her leather veil in photo shoots.

Friends, Eloise has: bridesmaids Jane, Natasha, Amanda and oddball co-worker Philippa, the magazine's "Traditional (Ha!) Bride." Family, she doesn't have. Eloise's mother passed away, her father took off years ago, her too-cool-for-words brother is either climbing Mount Everest or scamming a rich older woman in Beverly Hills and her fiancé's family is certifiable. So between choosing rubber bridesmaid dresses and worrying about the photo shoots, Eloise finally asks the question: Hey--whose wedding is it anyway?

Journal Entry 12 by wingcatsalivewing at Aussie Post in Romance VBB, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, April 29, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (4/29/2007 UTC) at Aussie Post in Romance VBB, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Fantasy221 in USA from the Romance VBB

Journal Entry 13 by fantasy221 from Hackensack, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This looks like it should be fun. Thanks!