corner corner Seize the Night (A Dark-Hunter Novel Book 6)

Seize the Night (A Dark-Hunter Novel Book 6)
by Sherrilyn Kenyon | Romance
Registered by NeedSun of Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 26, 2005

status (set by CheriePie): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Book Description:

Valerius isn't a popular Dark-Hunter-he's a Roman, which means that the largely Greek Hunters have a major grudge against him and his civilization for superceding them. To make things worse, he's very conscious of his aristocratic background and breeding. So it serves him right when he runs into Tabitha Devereaux. She's sassy, sexy, and completely unwilling to take him seriously. (Not to mention that she's the twin sister of the wife of former Dark-Hunter Kyrian-Val's mortal enemy.) What Tabitha does take seriously is hunting and killing vampires-and soon she and Val have to grapple with the deadliest of all Daimons-one who's managed to come back from the dead, and one who holds a serious grudge against both of them. To win against evil, Val will have to loosen up, learn to trust, and put everything on the line to protect a man he hates and a woman who drives him nuts.

Journal Entry 2 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 27, 2005

Here is a list of all the books in the series. The books are going to be sent out about one month apart. Night Pleasures will be mailed out very soon.

Fantasy Lover (a prequel to the Dark Hunter Series) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Night Play (Book 5 Dark Hunter Series) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Seize the Night (Book 6 Dark Hunter Series) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Sins of the Night (Book 7 Dark Hunter Series) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Unleash the Night (Book 8 Dark Hunter Series) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Here are the participants and mailing order:

Kiki66--->Germany/Int
Rianonne--->Austria/Europe
CandyDarling--->Finland/int
joasik--->Netherlands/int
BooksnBeer-->USA/Int
CheriePie--->USA/Int
WatersideKatt-->Canada

Back to me NeedSun in Canada

Journal Entry 3 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, September 06, 2005

More of the story about the regulars is slowly being told. I found that to be the most interesting thing about this book although I did like the main story as well. I definitely want more soon.

Sent by airmail to Kiki66 with one other on Oct 1.

Journal Entry 4 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Thursday, October 06, 2005

Yes they are here!

thanks again, NeedSun.. and of to New Orleans again :-)

Journal Entry 5 by kiki66 from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Thursday, December 29, 2005

Well, another one finished... wasn't bad - some interesting side facts, some real sad moments...
Do I like Valerius? hmm.. he's one of the nicer ones to be sure..and it is not his fault that Kyrian hates him.. also again more tidbits about Ash.. which are always welcome :-)

Will mail this tomorrow to Austria...

Journal Entry 6 by kiki66 at BookRing in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany on Saturday, December 31, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (12/30/2005 UTC) at BookRing in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany

Went to the post yesterday...

I think I haven't paid enough postage??? :-&
Rianonne, please let me know if there were any troubles!!!

Journal Entry 7 by wingRianonnewing from Wien Bezirk 22 - Donaustadt, Wien Austria on Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Woohoo, another Dark Hunter on my doorstep when 2 others just left on Monday!

There was no problem with the postage, Kiki66 :-)

Journal Entry 8 by wingRianonnewing from Wien Bezirk 22 - Donaustadt, Wien Austria on Saturday, March 11, 2006

What I like most this time round, is the connection of all guys during the whole stories. Mrs. Kenyon tries hard to keep friends together and gives them a future in later novels - so here you meet Vane, Bride, Julian, Talon, Zarek, Astrid and of course Kyrian and Amanda, again.

The story of Tabitha and Valerius is exciting but doesn't bring anything new to the Dark Hunter world. Therefore it get's only 8 stars.

Nevertheless it took me only two days finishing the book and to say the truth, after getting another tidbit about Ash, it's getting more amd more interesting what will happen next.

Journal Entry 9 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Friday, May 19, 2006

Got this in the mail today. Yay, more Dark-Hunter books!

Journal Entry 10 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Thursday, June 29, 2006

I finished the 6th book in the Dark-Hunter series last weekend, and loved it just as much as the previous books in the series. While I was reading, I noticed I had trouble remembering what happened in which book... Probably it was especially evident in this book, because we got to hear from almost all former protagonists, as well as several minor characters (for example Katra and Urian from book 4). I really like that these books aren't stand-alone, and that there's a lot of action other than the love story. But I was a bit disappointed because I had difficulty to see the connection between the Amanda and Kyrian in this book compared to the Amanda and Kyrian in the 1st book. They didn't really have anything left of that which made them interesting main characters in the first book. I guess this is a pretty common occurrence in this type of books, but annoying nevertheless. I liked Tabitha and Valerius as characters, but it would have been nice to get a better idea of why they fell in love with each other.

I'm looking forward to read more of this series!

(The picture is of me reading this book at our summer cottage during the Midsummer holidays.)

EDIT: I'm holding on to this book until NeedSun says it's okay for me to send it to the next reader.

Journal Entry 11 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Monday, September 18, 2006

The book is finally on its way to Joasik!

Journal Entry 12 by joasik from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Got it, thanks! One more book to read before this one!

Journal Entry 13 by joasik from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, October 05, 2006

Really loved this story! Valerius' life was not much better than Zarek's and I didn't think he deserved to be treated the way he was. I'm happy it ended good for both of them.

Journal Entry 14 by joasik at on Thursday, October 05, 2006

Released 7 yrs ago (10/5/2006 UTC) at

Sent it today with two other books.

Journal Entry 15 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Sunday, December 03, 2006

Received this along with two other Dark Hunter books. Really looking to continuing the series.

Journal Entry 16 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, January 29, 2007

Finished this one last week. Yup, it only took me two days to read it - I can't help but detour these books. I am enjoying this series alot. I definitely liked touching base with the characters from the other books. We got more clues about Ash - but, now I think I am getting confused with all the clues. I thought one of the other books gave me his secret? One thing I was a little disappointed about, I would have liked to read a little more about Val's human life. But, I am of Roman Italian descent, and it probably is a personnal thing.

I did say I would send these as I read them - but, I am almost through the next one and I'll be finished with it shortly. I plan on packaging them all up and mailing them at the end of next week.

Journal Entry 17 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Books 5-7 arrived with me today. I'm still on book 2 so it'll be a little while before these get through my hands. Sorry for the delay.