corner corner *The Feast of All Saints

*The Feast of All Saints
by Anne Rice | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Milliejinx of London , Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 18, 2005

status (set by yogie): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Milliejinx from London , Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Amongst the waterfronts, the slave markets and the gilded ballrooms lived a unique people, descended from African slave and from the French and Spanish who had enslaved them. They were the gens de couleur libre - the Free People of Colour - fierce and proud, neither black nor white, but caught between the two, free and yet not free.

I read this quite some time ago and would recommend it to Anne Rice fans.

Journal Entry 2 by Milliejinx at Controlled release (RABCK) in -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, February 04, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (2/3/2005 UTC) at Controlled release (RABCK) in -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom

On its way to Philadelphia.

Journal Entry 3 by Suebo from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, February 10, 2005

Book arrived safe and sound in Philly, PA.
Thanks

Journal Entry 4 by Suebo from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Not one of Anne Rices better book, but an enjoyable read non the less

Journal Entry 5 by Suebo from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, August 29, 2005

Reserved for lauraloo29

Journal Entry 6 by Suebo at -- Controlled Release in Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 10, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (9/10/2005 UTC) at -- Controlled Release in Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Journal Entry 7 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, October 28, 2005

Arrived today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 8 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, August 16, 2007

I just couldn''t get into this book. :(

It is on a few wishlists, so I will try to send it out as a ray.

Journal Entry 9 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm going to send this out as a ray.

Rules: Not many. Please journal the book's arrival and departure. And please keep it moving by keeping it no longer than 4 weeks. The last person is free to release the book as they wish.

1. zosime US (Intl)
2. nikel27 Germany (Intl)
3. yogie Sweden/Scotland (would like to be last)

Starting its journey on September 4th. Happy travels!

Journal Entry 10 by wingzosimewing from Marshfield, Wisconsin USA on Friday, September 14, 2007

The book arrived today. Thanks, Lauraloo! It's a longish looking book, but I'll do my best to pass it along quickly.

Journal Entry 11 by wingzosimewing from Marshfield, Wisconsin USA on Friday, November 02, 2007

I enjoyed this book and found the historical setting fascinating. It started to lose me a few times with the melodramatic emotional digressions, but came back to the story in time to keep me curious about the characters' lives. Thanks for the bookray!

Journal Entry 12 by nikel27 from Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany on Monday, November 12, 2007

arrived safe at my house, and just in time as I just finished my last BookRing (Lunch break book).

update:
Great read, thanks for sharing with me.
Ready to move on...

Journal Entry 13 by nikel27 at Post Office in BookRay, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, November 18, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (11/26/2007 UTC) at Post Office in BookRay, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

EnJoy the book as I did.

Journal Entry 14 by wingyogiewing from Chicago, Illinois USA on Monday, December 03, 2007

This book arrived at a very good time! I have just finished my reading for my English lit class, and I have one bookring book to read before I can start with this!
This book will probably come with me to Gran Canaria during my Christmas holidays, and may be released in Las Palmas or at a beach or given to a tourist or something, we'll see what fate has in store for this little book.
Thanks for sharing lauraloo29 and thanks for sending nikel27!

Journal Entry 15 by wingyogiewing from Chicago, Illinois USA on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Not one of Rice's best books as someone mentioned before, it is however a great book to read and even better than some of the books in the Vampire Chronicles (Memnoch the Devil for example).
I liked to read about this part of the community and the troubles and joys they experienced.
The book was released on Gran Canaria, Telde on Alcampo today. Hopefully it will find a new reader who will enjoy it as much as I did! Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 16 by wingyogiewing at Alcampo in Gran Canaria - Alcampo, Islas Canarias Spain on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (12/26/2007 UTC) at Alcampo in Gran Canaria - Alcampo, Islas Canarias Spain

The book was left on a bench outside Alcampo, just at the entrance to the shopping centre.

Hi and welcome to bookcrossing! You have just found a treasure - a book that is right now travelling the world and it has chosen you for its next stay. In this journal you can read about the book's earlier travels and what the readers though about the book.
If you do decide to join this loving community of nice and sweet bookcrossers, please know that there are no strings attached. If you do join, you can also follow this book's journey. Every time a new person makes a journal entry you will get an e mail in your mailbox!
Please do, however, take a moment to write a journal to let the previous readers know the book is safe!
Thanks and enjoy!