corner corner The God of small things

The God of small things
by Arundhati ROY | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Amjoco of Golden Beach, Queensland Australia on 1/15/2005

status (set by musume): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by Amjoco from Golden Beach, Queensland Australia on Saturday, January 15, 2005

This book won the 1997 Booker Prize and well-deserved it. I loved this intricate story.

Journal Entry 2 by Amjoco from Golden Beach, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, February 15, 2005

CONTROLLED RELEASE: Sent to Pepita-di-Corfu in Greece. I hope you enjoy it, Pepita.

Journal Entry 3 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Tuesday, September 06, 2005

FINALLY! Wow i just returned back from a hard day at university and as soon as i saw the sender's address on the envelope it was like i found a treasure! i had been waiting for this book since February and at a point i started thinking it might got lost... but hopefully not! i've heard so many good things about "The God Of Small Things" and this is going to go on top of my TBR pile of books! Thanks so very much Amjoco once again for sending it!

Journal Entry 4 by pepita-di-Corfu at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, November 11, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (11/12/2007 UTC) at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

i've kept this book way too long in my bookshelf. I started reading it a couple of days ago and even though i have always been really interested in reading it i couldn't stick with it. Probably because i knew someone else was waiting for it and i didn't want to delay it much longer. So now i'm setting it free to travel to Ukraine where musume is already waiting for it. This way she's helping me with my lifelong challenge to send at least one book to every country of the world.
I hope you'll enjoy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by musume from Osnabrück, Niedersachsen Germany on Friday, November 23, 2007

The package was already on my deck when I got back to the office from 2-week vacation! My greatest thanks goes to pepita-di-Corfu )

Journal Entry 6 by musume from Osnabrück, Niedersachsen Germany on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Truly amazing book. Just like one of the reviews said, Roy peels the plot like some sort of a rare fruit - first one side, then another, and then yet another, gradually shaping out the very essence of the story. With the core scene in the very end, though every single sentence is a tile of mosaic that composes this grand story.
Feel like I should read it at least one more time to fully comprehend such a deep art of words.