corner corner The Bean Trees

The Bean Trees
by Barbara Kingsolver | Women's Fiction
Registered by geishabird of Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 14, 2005

status (set by whitehorsy): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 14, 2005

Clear-eyed and spirited, Taylor Greer grew up poor in rural Kentucky with the goals of avoiding pregnancy and getting away. But when she heads west with high hopes and a barely functional car, she meets the human condition head-on. By the time Taylor arrives in Tucson, Arizona, she has acquired a completely unexpected child, a three-year-old American Indian girl named Turtle, and must somehow come to terms with both motherhood and the necessity of putting down roots. Hers is a story about love and friendship, abandonment and belonging, and the discovery of surprising resources in apparently empty places.

Journal Entry 2 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm sure this is an excellent book and I still hope to read it one day, but I have to clear out some room on my bookshelves so this copy is going to have to go out into the world.

Journal Entry 3 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, December 22, 2007

Enroute to Wijntje via the Everybook VBB at BookObsessed.com.

Journal Entry 4 by Wijntje from Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, February 08, 2008

Received today... thanks :)

Journal Entry 5 by whitehorsy at Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Thursday, July 15, 2010

Received via Bookmooch. Thanks for the fast delivery Wijntje! I'll be looking forward to reading this book. :-)

Journal Entry 6 by whitehorsy at Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Barbara Kingsolver has become one of my favorite authors. I enjoy her books so much that I would like to keep them in my permanent collection. I'll keep an eye out for another copy as this one is a bookcrossing book which I prefer to set free in the future. :-)

I read "Pigs in heaven" last year. At that time I was not aware that it was the sequel of "The bean trees"... so I've read them in the wrong order but it doesn't really matter. Both books are exellent!