corner corner The Time Travellers wife

The Time Travellers wife
by Audrey Niffenegger | Literature & Fiction
Registered by luckaye of Logan City, Queensland Australia on 1/12/2005

status (set by jennymidget): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by luckaye from Logan City, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, January 12, 2005

This extraordinary, magical novel is the story of Clare and Henry who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry is one of the first people diagnosed with Chrono-Displacement Disorder: periodically his genetic clock resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. His disappearances are spontaneous and his experiences are alternately harrowing and amusing. The Time Traveler's Wife depicts the effects of time travel on Henry and Clare's passionate love for each other with grace and humour. Their struggle to lead normal lives in the face of a force they can neither prevent nor control is intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.

I have heard lots of good things about this book and am looking forward to reading it :)

Journal Entry 2 by luckaye from Logan City, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Wow! What a fantasic book - I found it hard to put down.

Journal Entry 3 by luckaye at Logan City, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (6/8/2010 UTC) at Logan City, Queensland Australia

via Oz VBB - enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by jennymidget at Bellbowrie, Queensland Australia on Friday, June 11, 2010

Thanks so much luckaye! The book looked so much more appealing than the film!

Journal Entry 5 by jennymidget at Bellbowrie, Queensland Australia on Friday, December 17, 2010

Not entirely sure about this one - beautifully written, and yes, "couldn't-put-it-down" readable. The love story was sad and, well, lovely. But I just didn't warm to Henry - sympathy for his plight aside, he just didn't seem like a very nice man, and I didn't feel as moved as I think I would have if I'd found him more likeable...

Off to Serbia via BookMooch - enjoy!