corner corner The Road to the Dark Tower: Exploring Stephen King's Magnum Opus

The Road to the Dark Tower: Exploring Stephen King's Magnum Opus
by Bev Vincent | Literature & Fiction
Registered by SKingList of New York City, New York USA on 1/7/2005

status (set by jackiea): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by SKingList from New York City, New York USA on Friday, January 07, 2005

Well-loved is one way to describe this book. Fans of Stephen King's the Dark Tower series will love it. Two fans have already read and annotated it, and as this is hard to find in Australia, I'd like others to have the opportunity to enjoy.

Journal Entry 2 by SKingList from New York City, New York USA on Monday, January 10, 2005

Starting a bookray for this one, PM me if you want to join.

Participants (as of 13 Jan 2005):
wombles
jackiea

Journal Entry 3 by SKingList from New York City, New York USA on Thursday, January 13, 2005

This book will be going to Wombles at Sunday's Brisbane meetup.

Journal Entry 4 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, January 16, 2005

I started reading this on the train on the way home, its so interesting, I have always loved the way all of SKings books run into each other! I haven't red the last part of The dark tower so may have to skip the chapter about that one! Will try to read asap to pass on!
I love all the notes in the margin too, great to see other peoples opinions of his books!

Journal Entry 5 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Saturday, February 05, 2005

Just finished reading this, really enjoyed it. Will send to Jackiea this week. Thanks again Cari for sharing this with us!

Journal Entry 6 by jackiea from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, February 13, 2005

Just came in the mail and I'm reading it already!
Thanks wombles and SKingList
(Anything by or about King earns a 10 rating automatically)

Journal Entry 7 by jackiea from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, March 24, 2005

A very interesting book.
The research the author has done is amazing. The first half of the book, I found redundant, as it was mostly the story of the epic, but without the charm of King’s writing, but the second half, which tied in all the other novels was fascinating and gave a true insight into the hold this series has apparently had on the life of its author.

PS.
Thanks SKingList for sharing this book. Thanks also for leaving it in my hands. I tried to resist the temptation, but failed! So into my PC collection it goes - for now.
I know I will refer to it in future whenever I eventually get the time to read all the Dark Tower books again.