corner corner American Gothic: Family

American Gothic: Family
by W T Quick | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by ziggythecat of Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 29, 2004

status (set by GardenersOBCZ): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ziggythecat from Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Picked up as the 'Q' author for a fellow BCUKer doing an A-Z challenge in 2005.

Its the prequel to 'American Gothic' as seen (apparently!) on TV.

Journal Entry 2 by wingRedDahliawing from Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 30, 2004

Thanks for the personal delivery of the book Ziggythecat! Of course I shall read it. It's not a book I would normally go for but it's the only "Q" author I have (to my knowledge) come across! So I shall read it as part of the book challenge!

Journal Entry 3 by wingRedDahliawing from Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I really didn't expect to like this book very much but it was really good! A little bit like a Stephen King novel but not so silly!

It begins with a rape (not explicit) and then goes back an unstated number of years to meet the protagonist and his victim. It's well written and I'd certainly read the sequel, if there is one! It's described as a chilling prequel to the smash hit series, although I never watched it or seen any other books about it!

Journal Entry 4 by wingRedDahliawing at on Saturday, June 25, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (7/2/2005 UTC) at

To be released amongst a pile of other books on the BCUK Table

Journal Entry 5 by perfect-circle from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, July 03, 2005

picked up at the Unconvention in Birmingham. Will also be used as my Q author in the A-Z challenge.

Journal Entry 6 by perfect-circle from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, August 20, 2005

As a story, it's not bad. An easy enough read and constantly moving with very little filler. But as a prequel to the series (which I loved) it does nothing but muddy the waters further and doesn't really clear up anything except who Caleb's father is (I can't remember if that definitely came out in the series). It did, however, leave me wanting watch it all over again.

Journal Entry 7 by perfect-circle at Tyneside Cinema in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, November 10, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (11/10/2005 UTC) at Tyneside Cinema in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

to be released at or after the Newcastle upon Tyne meet this evening, in honour of the BBC radio Newcastle bookcrossing interview this afternoon.

Journal Entry 8 by Hellie from South Shields, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, November 10, 2005

Not sure if this is my cuppa, but it's set in Deep South so figure I have to give it a chance!!!

Oh and congrats on radiuo...didn't hear it, but well done on promoting it!!!!

Journal Entry 9 by Hellie at Tyneside Cinema in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (2/9/2006 UTC) at Tyneside Cinema in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

at meet in coffee shop upstairs

Deep south or not I just couldn't like this, gave up not far in. hope someone else will enjoy it!

Journal Entry 10 by suedo from Spennymoor, County Durham United Kingdom on Friday, February 10, 2006

caught at the meet up last night, wow, how many books were there last night and how many did I bring home.

Journal Entry 11 by suedo from Spennymoor, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, March 09, 2006

Read the first chapter, and thought Yuck, read the next few paragraphs and decided, 'life's too short for books I'm not into'. Not my cup of tea.

Journal Entry 12 by pattytheduck from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 04, 2006

Picked up by my partner in the Tyneside Cinema Cafe while on a day trip to Newcastle.

Journal Entry 13 by wingGardenersOBCZwing at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Found this in a box of books at the Gardeners Rest. It is now on the Bookcrossing Shelf at Gardeners Rest, Sheffield UK.