corner corner Wrack

by James Bradley | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 12/26/2004

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Sunday, December 26, 2004

I bought this second hand from Amazon. This is a book which has won numerous literary awards in Australia. I am trying to get better up to speed on modern Australian fiction - and this looks good.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Friday, December 31, 2004

This was an interesting literary novel about obsession. The book weaves two stories together, the first being that of a young archaeologist who is convinced that a 1520 Portuguese boat lies wrecked somewhere on the South Australian coast, and an old man who may know where it is. The old man has a price for his knowledge - he wants to tell his own story first.

I enjoyed the Australian setting and that the novel is not as ocker as some recent Aussie fiction I have read and peppered with obscure slang and cultural references - I think this novel is very accessible to everyone. I really liked it - it is up for grabs until I release it into the wild.

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 28, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (1/28/2007 UTC) at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom

I left this book by the bus-stop on Nightingale Lane. I hope whoever finds this novel enjoys it - welcome to Bookcrossing!!