corner corner The Jane Austen Book Club

The Jane Austen Book Club
by Karen Joy Fowler | Literature & Fiction
Registered by pepita-di-Corfu of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on 3/29/2005

status (set by AKaldra): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Taken from the back cover:
"In California's Sacramento Valley, six people meet once a month to discuss Jane Austen's novels. They are ordinary people, neither happy nor unhappy, but all wounded in different ways, all mixed up about their lives and their relationships. Over the six months they meet, marriages are tested, affairs begin, unsuitable arrangements become suitable, and, under the guiding eye of Jane Austen, some of them even fall in love..."

Journal Entry 2 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Friday, November 09, 2007

just finished reading and i have to say that unfortunately i was not as much impressed as i expected to. Actually, for a reason i don't know i could not concentrate with the book. Maybe because i've never read Jane Austen's novels and i should have, maybe i don't know.. It is a pity i kept the book for more than two years in my bookshelf to be finally not impressed with it..

Journal Entry 3 by pepita-di-Corfu at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, April 11, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (4/14/2008 UTC) at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

i'm sending this book to Estonia to bookcrosser AKaldra. Since i've never sent a book to Estonia before this one will help me with my lifelong challenge to send at least one book to every country of the world.
I decided to also add this book in charbono's Around the World Challenge 2008, similar to mine only on this one contribute bookcrossers from all over the world sending books worldwide too.
I hope you'll enjoy reading AKaldra!

Journal Entry 4 by AKaldra on Saturday, April 19, 2008

I just get this book today and I´m starting to read in the evening. Thank You, pepita-di-Corfu, it seems to be very good choice for me - book about booklovers! I think, I´ll enjoy reading.