corner corner Stones from the River

Stones from the River
by Ursula Hegi | Literature & Fiction
Registered by KimKerry of Prescott, Arizona USA on 12/22/2004

status (set by sota48): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by KimKerry from Prescott, Arizona USA on Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The main character is a dwarf, but the story has no circus-like overtones at all. Trudy, living in Germany in the 30's, find her strengths. Great story.

Book is on its way to a BC member in Greece, December 27, 2004.

Journal Entry 2 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Monday, April 04, 2005

what a long journey! i was expecting this book a couple of months ago and it arrived today, so this is great! for a while i thought it was lost somewhere in between it's journey but hopefully here it is! Thank you so very much KimKerry for sharing!

Journal Entry 3 by pepita-di-Corfu at For a fellow Book Crosser in to fulfill a wish, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 15, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (10/16/2007 UTC) at For a fellow Book Crosser in to fulfill a wish, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

My mount tbr gets bigger each passing day so i've decided to let this one free again. after having a look on bookcrossers' wish lists i packed the book so now it is traveling to far away Norway where shimi is already waiting for it.
Enjoy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by shimi from Nordre Aker bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, October 20, 2007

This book arrived safely in my mailbox today, and is now added to mount TBR!
Thanks for sending it my way, pepita-di-corfu! I have heard good things about this, and I'm looking forward to reading it! :)

Journal Entry 5 by shimi from Nordre Aker bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, May 03, 2009

I enjoyed this book, which was both a story of how to cope in a small community while being different from the others and a story of life for common people and pre-war and wartime Germany (WW2). Maybe a bit timid and detailed at times, but worth a read.

Edit: Mailed 30/6-09, but forgot to make a release note... ;)

Journal Entry 6 by wingsota48wing from Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thanks, shimi, for this surprise RABCK. New author to me.