corner corner Last Chance Saloon

Last Chance Saloon
by Marian Keyes | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, December 16, 2004

status (set by pulcherrima): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, December 16, 2004

Desperately single thirtysomething men and women populate Keyes's breezy novel. Childhood friends Tara, Katherine, and Fintan muddle along, dealing with the indignities and inconveniences we all face--and then some. Tara's perfectly horrible, freeloading boyfriend Thomas watches her diet like a hawk and remarks cruelly on the size of her posterior, comparing her unfavorably to younger, thinner women. Katherine is a professional success, but her personal life is nonexistent. Every one of her prior relationships--six in all--has ended disastrously, with Katherine getting dumped. Each time, she retreats further and further into her shell, until her most intimate relationship is with her remote control. Fashion industry insider Fintan has found true love with his Italian boyfriend, Sandro, but a health crisis threatens their happiness. Tara, Katherine, and Fintan, as well as their quirky cast of friends (people with names like Lorcan and Mandii), live, love, and learn the hard way, the only way they can.

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, February 10, 2005

Accepted by Marlene-TC as part of the "Anything and Anywhere" Relay

Journal Entry 3 by CrazyDutchwoman from Heemstede, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, April 02, 2005

Yes! A book for me.and on a saturday (I don't know why but I love to receive a book on those days :-) ) This will my second Marian Keyes tbr book. Last week I received sushi for beginners. I have never read anything by her so far but reading the first 25 pages of sushi it seems like I like her style :-)

will let you know my thoughts when I read it.
thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by CrazyDutchwoman from Heemstede, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hi Lauraloo
This book was so hard for me to get into.
Didn't know why. maybe because it is huge and I have set a goal, to read 100 books in 1 year?
anyway I had tried to read it twice. Both times I'd read 10 pages and then I received another book and stopped reading this one.

Well third time lucky. Again it was hard.I think because the main persons annoyed me, and did not have anything in common with them. I do not see food everywhere (Tara), and am not in control of my self like Katherine, + tara annoyed me ,it was hard for me reading she took all that abuse of her boyfriend.
at one moment I thought I can't read any further. I am going to quit. Tried another book, but started to miss this book so I picked it up again :-)
Quess what. I am so glad I did. it is great, I am laughing so much.
Last night in bed I could not stop. it was 01.00 am and I was alone in the house (Glad for that!) screaming with laughter.
Love the Irish family of Finton, and the mudd bath of tara :-)
I have read about 450 pages and still nearly 150 to go.
Hooray!!! :-) thanks!
will update this J.E when ready

update august 10 2005

OOps i forgot to update. really enjoyed it.
thanks for sharing

reserved for bookbox to MieLH

Journal Entry 5 by CrazyDutchwoman at By Mail in Suprise for another Bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, October 21, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (10/21/2005 UTC) at By Mail in Suprise for another Bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

another book by Marian keyes.
Included this in the book box i mailed to MieLH in Denmark today.
She knows this one is coming but does not expect all the others :-)
enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Monday, October 24, 2005

This book is save with me now :o) It arrived today in a massive book-box from Marlene-TC in The Netherlands - oh my, soooo many books!! What a great RABCK :D Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 7 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm passing this book to Pulcherrima in Århus (Denmark). I hope it arrives safely soon :)

Update 7.feb 2009: The book was sent off today.

Journal Entry 8 by pulcherrima from Aarhus N, Århus Amt Denmark on Friday, February 20, 2009

Mange tak til dig Mie. Jeg hentede bogen på posthuset for et par dage siden, men har været uden internet, så derfor er den først blevet registreret nu.
Jeg ser frem til at læse den, men lige nu ryger den bare på "to be read".

Journal Entry 9 by pulcherrima from Aarhus N, Århus Amt Denmark on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

This book was a perfect summer read. I have enjoyed it sitting in a chair sunbathing - completely covered in sunlotion.

Journal Entry 10 by pulcherrima at Den grønne gren in Bregninge, Ærø, Fyns Amt Denmark on Monday, July 06, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (7/6/2009 UTC) at Den grønne gren in Bregninge, Ærø, Fyns Amt Denmark

Har du fundet denne bog og taget den med hjem? Er BookCrossing noget nyt for dig?
Jamen så velkommen til BookCrossing.com!

Først og fremmest skal du have tak for at du fandt denne bog, og tog den med hjem. Nu håber jeg at du vil være så venlig at skrive en lille hilsen herinde. Hvad synes du om bogen? Hvor fandt du den? Hvem har læst den? På den måde kan andre der har haft fingrene i den høre hvad du synes, og følge med i bogens rejse.

Ideen med bookcrossing er at man slipper bogen fri igen efter endt læsning. Måske lægger du den samme sted som du fandt den, på et nyt sted, giver den til en ven eller noget helt andet. Du må også beholde den hvis du synes den er rigtig god. Uanset hvad du gør, ville det være rart at vide, så husk at holde os opdateret her på BookCrossing, hvis der sket noget nyt i bogens liv. Husk at du ikke behøver at blive medlem - men hvis du gør, kan du følge med i denne bogs måske fremtidige rejse.

Hvis du har nogle spørgsmål skal du være velkommen til at kontakte mig, pulcherrima, ved at trykke på mit navn her ovenfor.

Held og lykke med BookCrossing - og god rejse til bogen fremover :)