corner corner Classic English Crime : 13 Stories for Christi Centenary from the Crime Writer's Assocation

by Tim Heald | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Daine of Bremen, Bremen Germany on 12/16/2004

status (set by andreask): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Daine from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Thursday, December 16, 2004

13 Stories

Journal Entry 2 by Daine from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Thursday, May 19, 2005

Now part of the "Englischsprachige Querbet-Buchbox"

Journal Entry 3 by Urla from Galway, Co. Galway Ireland on Friday, June 10, 2005

Took it out of Lilo37fee's Englischsprachige Querbet-Buchbox BookBox today.

Journal Entry 4 by Urla from Galway, Co. Galway Ireland on Sunday, May 13, 2007

To celebrate the centenary of the birth of Agatha Christie, still by common consent the doyenne of English Detective Fiction, a team of her most distinguished descendants have joined in a highly original tribute. Leading members of the British Crime Writer's Association have responded with ingenuity and enthusiasm to the challenge of producing stories set in the Golden Age of Detective Fiction - the period between the world wars.

The crime scenes vary from country house to seaside hotel, from village fete to West End theatre - while the crimes themeselves are as bizarre and cunning as anything Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple had to deal with.

The outstanding contributors to this volume are all in top form in this sparkling collection that is both an atmospheric trip through the corpse-littered world of the English Mystery's Golden Age and a devilish affectionate salute to Agatha Christie - its undisputed queen.

----------

So this is a salute to Agatha Christie ... well ... I'd rather call it a proof of her mastership. None of those stories are anywhere near her skill-level. In fact some of them are of a really low quality.

Find a more detailed review in my blog (in German only).

This book is part of my "1 year of my life = 1 country = 5 books"-Challenge (2nd book for Great Britain).

Journal Entry 5 by Urla from Galway, Co. Galway Ireland on Wednesday, May 23, 2007

This book takes part in my Lifetime Challenge. akkolady will take it with her on her travel to Estonia. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 6 by akkolady at Kohvikud Kehrwieder, Raekoja plats in Tallinn, Harjumaa Estonia on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (6/26/2007 UTC) at Kohvikud Kehrwieder, Raekoja plats in Tallinn, Harjumaa Estonia

I left it on a table of Kohvikud Kehrwieder.

There were a lot of local as well es foreign guests in there, so I thought it a good place.

Journal Entry 7 by andreask on Monday, March 23, 2009

Now in Sweden - will next be released in Stockholm or Los Angeles.

CAUGHT IN TALLIN ESTONIA