corner corner Road Rage

Road Rage
by Ruth Rendell | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by geishabird of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 12/4/2004

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, December 04, 2004

The woods outside of Kingsmarkham were lovely, dark, and deep. And they were about to vanish forever when the new highway cut through them. While Chief Inspector Wexford privately despaired about the loss of his hiking grounds, local residents and outsiders were organizing a massive protest. Some of them were desperate enough to kidnap five hostages and threaten to kill them. One hostage was Wexford's wife, Dora. Now, combining high technology with his extraordinary detecting skills, Wexford and his team race to find the kidnappers' whereabouts. Because someone has crossed from political belief to fanaticism, and as the first body is found, good intentions may become Wexford's personal path to hell.

Journal Entry 2 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, July 07, 2009

This was quite a good mystery, although I was able to partially solve it before the end (I've read an awful lot of Rendell's mysteries and I think I'm starting to see how her mind works!). As usual, lots of quirky and interesting characters whose own problems make the story that much more intriguing. Wexford is nicely grumpy in this, although it's quite a change to also see him in the role of victim.

Journal Entry 3 by geishabird at phone booth (see release notes for details) in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 24, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (10/24/2009 UTC) at phone booth (see release notes for details) in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, October 24, 2009

I picked up the book in a phone both at woodbine and queen. At first noticing the tags a eagerly searched the area for some one who may have missed placed a library book. The then book answered the question for me with out being asked, it wasn't lost at all-only found. I am not crazy about fiction however I am crazy about this idea so I will give it a shot. I can't wait to share more!!!!! I am going to travel and I will drop it off far from home so It can experience the world!

CAUGHT IN TORONTO ONTARIO CANADA