corner corner All He Ever Wanted

All He Ever Wanted
by Anita Shreve | Literature & Fiction
Registered by FamFatale of Chantilly, Virginia USA on Wednesday, November 24, 2004

status (set by your-book-fairy): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by FamFatale from Chantilly, Virginia USA on Wednesday, November 24, 2004

An unusual and sometimes irritating novel about a man's pursuit of a woman, his lack of understanding, and her lack of communication. While I liked the interpretation of the letters, I found much of the egocentricity of the narrator slowed the story unnecessarily.

Journal Entry 2 by FamFatale at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Released on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at about 10:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox Controlled Releases.

Released into Pyan's diminishing returns bookbox

Journal Entry 3 by your-book-fairy from South Orange, New Jersey USA on Saturday, January 15, 2005

Got this one out of tnkbl's diminishing returns bookbox. I've heard good things both about this author and about this book, so I'm glad I came across it. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by your-book-fairy from South Orange, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I didn't know what to expect from this book, and was pleasantly surprised. I agree that the narrator's egocentric ways did tend to slow the story down, though I did like how the author managed to present events through his perspective in a way that showed his view of things while also making clear what was really going on. This seems like a book in which very little is going on, since the story does develop very gradually and may strike some as a book in which nothing really happens for a very long time, but that was a nice change of pace for me and I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would. It reminded me of some of the classic literature I read in college that was much more character driven than plot driven, although as I said, he's not the easiest character to have driving the story forward. In the end this was another great example of BC exposing me to an enjoyable book that I might not have otherwise read. Thanks famfatale!

Journal Entry 5 by your-book-fairy at Post Office in New York City, New York USA on Monday, March 28, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (3/28/2005 UTC) at Post Office in New York City, New York USA

Left on the windowsill in the lobby of the Lenox Hill post office on 70th between 2nd and third.