corner corner A Kiss for Maddalena

A Kiss for Maddalena
by Christopher Castellani | Literature & Fiction
Registered by guinevere69 of Willetton, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, November 21, 2004

status (set by wubbaducky): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by guinevere69 from Willetton, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, November 21, 2004

Some in Santa Cecilia think that a rich, beautiful girl like Maddalena Piccinelli wouldn't look at Vito Leone if he were the last boy on earth. But it is 1943, and Vito is nearly the last boy in the village-and in a few months, after he turns eighteen, the soldiers may come for him too. For now, he is determined to win her. And he is beginning to get past her self-contained reserve and melt her stubborn heart. But as forces from the world outside-including an American stranger-begin to invade their quiet refuge, Vito will face challenges far more daunting than coaxing a kiss from Maddalena.

Journal Entry 2 by guinevere69 from Willetton, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, January 22, 2005

Happy Birthday to Celestewa

Journal Entry 3 by celestewa from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, January 23, 2005

What a lovely surprise for my birthday ... Thanks and great to see evrybody again at the meetup

Journal Entry 4 by celestewa from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, April 30, 2005

I just love books set in Italy, and after reading this I am dying to go back there.

This book captured the feel of the place. A moving story of a couple in love during World War 2 and all the things that kept them apart.

Journal Entry 5 by celestewa at -- Controlled Releases -- in Perth, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, June 25, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (6/25/2005 UTC) at -- Controlled Releases -- in Perth, Western Australia Australia

Adeed to the Fiction Addiction Bookbag

Journal Entry 6 by sally906 from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rescued from the fiction addiction bookbag - looks interesting - and has good reviews

Journal Entry 7 by sally906 from Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Monday, August 29, 2005

Going into the virtual Bookbag - too many books too little time :)

Journal Entry 8 by sally906 at In the large object mailbox at the top of the Mall in Darwin, included in a bookring mailout -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (9/6/2005 UTC) at In the large object mailbox at the top of the Mall in Darwin, included in a bookring mailout -- Controlled Releases

Dropped in the mail box at the top of the mall this evening - is off to AnglersRest - enjoy :)

Journal Entry 9 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Monday, September 12, 2005

Arrived today in England from Sally906. Thanks very much. This looks a lovely read, and I also lovely books with an Italian theme to them. Thanks for the BookCrossing magnet, I'm going to pop it on the door of the fridge.

Journal Entry 10 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Monday, June 05, 2006

Having only bought 8 books when I went to the fabulous Hay On Wye, I bought a duplicate copy, so placing in Foxy737's UK Fiction Only Book Box (round 3)

Journal Entry 11 by wubbaducky from not specified, not specified not specified on Sunday, June 25, 2006

Taken out of Foxy737's bookbox - many thanks!

Journal Entry 12 by wubbaducky from not specified, not specified not specified on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Enjoyable and sweet book which I finally read in my absence from bookcrossing. I thought it was a good read and I hope that someone finds it when I release it!

Journal Entry 13 by wubbaducky at -- Somewhere in London in -- somewhere in Greater London --, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (1/7/2010 UTC) at -- Somewhere in London in -- somewhere in Greater London --, Greater London United Kingdom

To be released somewhere in Hanwell/West Ealing