corner corner THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS

THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS
by Isabel Allende | Literature & Fiction
Registered by irishajo of Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Saturday, November 20, 2004

status (set by heartthumper): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by irishajo from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Saturday, November 20, 2004

FROM THE PUBLISHER

Here, in an astonishing debut by a gifted storyteller, is the saga of proud and passionate men and women and the turbulent times through which they suffer and triumph. They are the Truebas. And theirs is a world you won't want to leave, and one you won't forget.

Esteban—The patriarch, a volatile and proud man whose lust for land is legendary and who is haunted by his tyrannical passion for the wife he can never completely possess.

Clara—The matriarch, elusive and mysterious, who foretells family tragedy and shapes the fortunes of the house of the Truebas.

Blanca—Their daughter, soft-spoken yet rebellious, whose shocking love for the son of her father's foreman fuels Esteban's everlasting contempt... even as it produces the grandchild he adores.

Alba—The fruit of Blanca's forbidden love, a luminous beauty, a fiery and willful woman... the family's break with the past and link to the future.

Journal Entry 2 by irishajo from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Reserved for postage for chomper.

Journal Entry 3 by FrontStreet from Mexico, Maine USA on Friday, February 18, 2005

Thank you for sending this- looking forward to reading this!

Also reserved for another Relayer when I am done

Journal Entry 4 by FrontStreet from Mexico, Maine USA on Monday, May 23, 2005

Sent this on its way finally to ILUvToRead2 as part of a relay. Way over due to her so got it to PO today.

Journal Entry 5 by wingILuvToRead2wing from Chicago, Illinois USA on Thursday, June 09, 2005

Received in the mail - Thanks for fulfilling a wish!

Journal Entry 6 by wingILuvToRead2wing from Chicago, Illinois USA on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I read this awhile ago and forgot to journal, so I'm sorry I don't remember details. I do remember it was a bit different and very interesting. I've been trying to decide if I want to watch the movie or not.

Journal Entry 7 by wingILuvToRead2wing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (2/16/2010 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Mailed to someone who has it on her wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by wingvalpetewing from Walnut Creek, California USA on Monday, February 22, 2010

What a nice surprise. Now, if I could just find more hours in the day so that I could read all these wonderful books.

Journal Entry 9 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Sunday, February 20, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (2/23/2011 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

MY TBR pile is about to topple over - I need to move some books along. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by wingfaramir10wing at Snyder, Texas USA on Sunday, February 27, 2011

Received in today's mail. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 11 by wingfaramir10wing at Snyder, Texas USA on Monday, July 11, 2011

Excellent book. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm giving this to a friend of mine. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 12 by wingfaramir10wing at Snyder, Texas USA on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My friend returned this to me and said she enjoyed it a lot.

Going into the ABC bookbox.

Journal Entry 13 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Friday, May 04, 2012

Chosen from the ABC Book Box. Thanks for including it.

Journal Entry 14 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Excellent book. Had to concentrate, not an easy read. Sometimes had to go back and reread a chapter because I felt like I missed something.

Journal Entry 15 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Monday, January 28, 2013

Giving to a friend at work who loves this author. She'll continue it on it's journey.

Journal Entry 16 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Monday, January 28, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (1/29/2013 UTC) at Hutchinson, Kansas USA