corner corner Tuesdays with Morrie: an Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson

Tuesdays with Morrie: an Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson
by Mitch Albom | Humor
Registered by rdv1224 of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, August 25, 2002

status (set by solittletime): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by rdv1224 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, August 25, 2002

I'm not likely to read it soon, so I thought I'd pass it along.

Journal Entry 2 by rdv1224 at -- wild released somewhere in city in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, August 26, 2002

Released on Monday, August 26, 2002 at Post office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA.

On its way to Calgary in beautiful Canada to BCer ifyouknew.

Journal Entry 3 by ifyouknew from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, September 03, 2002

I received this book in the mail from rdv1224. I first read it two years ago, and it was probably the best book I read that year. I enjoyed it just as much this time (the hallmark of a truly great book is that it can withstand the re-reading test). It's inspiring and thought-provoking. Although it's about a man who's dying, this book is about hope, happiness and life.

"Everyone knows they're going to die, but nobody believes it. If we did, we would do things differently." (p. 81)

When I first read this book, I distinctly remember being tempted to buy a dozen copies and distribute them to people I knew (the $30 price tag interfered with that idea). Hopefully now, I can pass this copy along to a dozen people (one at a time) through BookCrossing! I'll be interested to learn whether others are affected as I was by this book. I'm mailing it to readnshare on September 30, 2002.

Journal Entry 4 by ReadnShare from Simi Valley, California USA on Thursday, October 10, 2002

Thanks ifyouknew! I just received this book today and I'm really looking forward to reading it!

Ifyouknew included the the screename of another bookcrosser interested in this book so it looks like it will be on it's way to Australia when I'm through reading it.

10/11/02 The interested BookCrosser has received this book as a gift since first expressing an interest to ifyouknew, so will list it in the Wish List forum as available once I've finished reading it.

Journal Entry 5 by ReadnShare from Simi Valley, California USA on Monday, October 14, 2002

WOW ! ... What a book! ... HIGHLY Recommend!

Although the subject matter concerns death, the story couldn't be more inspirational. This is a book that really makes you reconsider the things you value in life and the relationships that mean so much to you.

This is one of those books I'll be picking up extras of here and there just so I can release them for others to enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by ReadnShare from Simi Valley, California USA on Monday, October 14, 2002

This book is going to One-Bookworm in South Carolina. I'll be mailing it tomorrow.

Journal Entry 7 by one-bookworm from Greenwood, South Carolina USA on Thursday, October 24, 2002

Thanks for sharing this book with me; I can't wait to read it!! And pass it on to another....:)

Journal Entry 8 by one-bookworm from Greenwood, South Carolina USA on Thursday, October 31, 2002

Wonderfully touching story of a young man & his old professor. Didn't want it to end - especially the way I knew it had to.

Released by mail to fellow BCer, bookluvr, on November 01, 2002. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Sunday, March 16, 2003

Received today and I'm looking forward to reading this one. Thanks bookluvr.

Journal Entry 10 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I've hung onto it for too long and decided to release this inspiring story as part of the Complete Set Challenge

Journal Entry 11 by wingsolittletimewing at Kerrymen Pub, 512 Main St in Saco, Maine USA on Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Released 9 yrs ago (8/31/2004 UTC) at Kerrymen Pub, 512 Main St in Saco, Maine USA

Left on the bench in the back entryway off the parking lot.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught so I know that it has found a good home with you. If you are new to BookCrossing, when you join please indicate that you were referred by solittletime or any other journaler. (You can make a journal entry anonymously if you don't want to join.) I hope that you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you are done reading.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!