corner corner Stone Kiss

Stone Kiss
by Faye Kellerman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by jessibud of Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 14, 2004

status (set by Sherria): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 14, 2004

Another in the Decker/Lazarus series. I haven't read it yet but as I am trying to read them in order, I may not get to this one for awhile.

Journal Entry 2 by Sherria from Bethel, Connecticut USA on Friday, December 03, 2004

Another item from the goodie package that jessibud sent me. I'm looking forward to curling up with the Decker/Lazarus clan again. Thanks for sending it!

Journal Entry 3 by Sherria from Bethel, Connecticut USA on Thursday, June 01, 2006

Another great Rina Lazarus/Peter Decker mystery! I really enjoy these books, especially the backdrop of the orthodox jewish community. In this installment the Decker/Lazarus duo (plus Hannah) are in NYC, trying to help Peter's half-brother whose brother-in-law has been murdered and whose niece is missing. The in-laws are members of a Chasidic community and there is lots of talk about the discrimination between various jewish sects which I found interesting.

Chris Donatti shows up again in this book. I really like this character, even though he's a *very* bad guy. There's just something about him that makes me believe he's a hurt little boy putting on a brave front and it would just take the right person/circumstances for him to become a good guy. (The right person/circumstances didn't come along in this book; Chris is still definately a bad guy!)

As usual, Ms. Kellerman's style pulls me into the book and the pages are turning without me even realizing it. I find her books very easy to read, much more so than her husband's. When the story is over I hate to say good-bye to these characters who almost feel like friends.

Comfortable, familiar characters, an intriguing mystery, quick pace and great writing - what more could I ask for?

jessibud, your journal entry says that you didn't read this before sending it off to me. Would you like me to mail it back to you?

Journal Entry 4 by Sherria from Bethel, Connecticut USA on Friday, July 21, 2006

Gave this to a co-worker to read and pass on.

Journal Entry 5 by Sherria at n/a, A friend -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (1/4/2009 UTC) at n/a, A friend -- Controlled Releases

I passed this on to a friend. She returned it to me after reading it, so I passed it on to another friend to read and release. Enjoy!