corner corner Pompeii

by Robert Harris | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 11/9/2004

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I bought this book at the airport a few weeks back. It has had good reviews.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Monday, November 15, 2004

I thought this was really poor... did not grab me at all, I skipped the middle half of the book because I was bored and wanted to get to the thrust of the story, ie. the eruption of Vesuvius.

I think this book won rave reviews because the author is great mates with all the journos and critics - it did not deserve, in my opinion, all the praise it got. Robert Harris has written much better.

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at on Saturday, December 04, 2004

Released on Saturday, December 04, 2004 at about 6:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at All Saints Church in Kesgrave, England United Kingdom.

I was visiting Kesgrave because I have recently discovered that my ancestors used to own Kesgrave Hall - I am not just descended from poor Irish farmers after all!! Stopped at the church to see if any members of the family could be found there but no joy - my great great great great great grandfather was baptized in the church so it was nice to visit and imagine them all standing there.

I took the opportunity to leave this copy of Pompeii at the entrance to the church - I hope whoever finds this book enjoys it. Welcome to Bookcrossing!