corner corner Phantom Tollbooth, The

Phantom Tollbooth, The
by Norton Juster | Literature & Fiction
Registered by verloren of Rock Valley, Iowa USA on 11/7/2004

status (set by luckaye): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by verloren from Rock Valley, Iowa USA on Sunday, November 07, 2004

Book description:

Illustrated in black-and-white. This ingenious fantasy centers around Milo, a bored ten-year-old who comes home to find a large toy tollbooth sitting in his room. Joining forces with a watchdog named Tock, Milo drives through the tollbooth's gates and begins a memorable journey. He meets such characters as the foolish, yet lovable Humbug, the Mathemagician, and the not-so-wicked "Which," Faintly Macabre, who gives Milo the "impossible" mission of returning two princesses to the Kingdom of Wisdom.
Special 35th Anniversary Edition.

Journal Entry 2 by verloren at WITCC lobby in Cherokee, Iowa USA on Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Released on Wednesday, November 17, 2004 at about 3:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at WITCC lobby in Cherokee, Iowa USA.

Left this lying under the Christmas tree!

Journal Entry 3 by pbjjwall from Cherokee, Iowa USA on Thursday, December 02, 2004

I am moving this book to a different location, because the christmas tree is gone.It can be found at the Bookzone in the Sanford Musuem in Cherokee, Iowa.

Journal Entry 4 by pbjjwall at Bookzone: Sanford Musuem in Cherokee, Iowa USA on Thursday, December 02, 2004

Released on Friday, December 03, 2004 at about 10:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Bookzone: Sanford Musuem in Cherokee, Iowa USA.

Journal Entry 5 by jimmielegs from Paullina, Iowa USA on Thursday, December 02, 2004

Caught this book at the eyestotheskies bookcrossing zone. I have always heard about it, but had never got to read it. It looks really cute and very imaginative, and I realize it is a book for older children, which makes it perfect for me! Thanks, pbjjwall!

Journal Entry 6 by jimmielegs from Paullina, Iowa USA on Thursday, April 07, 2005

What a fun trip! I loved traveling around with Milo and Tock. Truly the work of a great imagination!

Journal Entry 7 by jimmielegs from Paullina, Iowa USA on Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Sent off to Yourotherleft in the mail! Happy reading!

Journal Entry 8 by yourotherleft from Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, April 21, 2005

This arrived safely. Thanks for making a wish come true! =)

Journal Entry 9 by yourotherleft from Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I loved this book with all its double entendre and allegory and even a meaningful lesson about why it's important to learn things. A brilliant fantasy and rewarding story for readers of any age! Thanks for sharing this with me, jimmielegs.

Now it's on a new journey to Azuki who will send it to luckaye in her M-Bag.

Journal Entry 10 by wingazukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Received in the mail. This is for the M Bag for luckaye but the burp on the back sounds so interesting I want to read it first!! Now... I didn't realize that hosting a M Bag has such bad impact on my Mt TBR... hmmm, I may need to rethink it...

Journal Entry 11 by wingazukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, December 10, 2007

I am really glad that this book comes to my hands on its way to luckaye and that I have decided to read it first. It is an excellent, very imaginative book, with a lot of wordplay. Like a car in which you have to keep silent as it "goes without saying", or the island called Conclusion where you reach by jumping. My favorite is the boy who was born floating in the air and grew down till his feet touched the ground. He exclaimed when Milo explained that he himself grows up, "what a silly system" that one would be seeing things differently as one got older.

Now this will be mailing off to Luckaye.

Journal Entry 12 by luckaye from Logan City, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thank you - I am sure the kidlets & I will enjoy this book :)

Journal Entry 13 by luckaye at on Wednesday, June 25, 2008