corner corner Undead and Unemployed (Queen Betsy, Book 2)

Undead and Unemployed (Queen Betsy, Book 2)
by MaryJanice Davidson | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on Tuesday, November 02, 2004

status (set by CheriePie): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Tuesday, November 02, 2004

She may be the Queen of the Undead, but she still has "sole"...

Nothing can make Betsy Taylor give up her shoe fetish--even dying and rising as the new Queen of the Vampires. Being royally undead isn't all it's cracked up to be--there are still bills to be paid. And Betsy is determined to live as normally as possible, even if it means getting a job. A "feet" she accomplishes with panache, landing her dream job selling designer shoes at Macy's.

Things couldn't be better--except for her new friends, who keep pestering her while she's on the clock. As if she has time to socialize when there are deliciously sinful shoes to try on--and buy at a discount. It seems that vampires are being murdered in St. Paul, and thery're all clamoring for Betsy to do something about it. The worst part is she's going to have to enlist the help of one vamp who makes her blood boil: the o-so-sexy Sinclair. Now, she's really treading on dangerous ground--high heels and all...

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Friday, December 17, 2004

joasik is interested in reading this after I've finished it. I may decide to keep this for my PC in which case, I'll lend it to her if she hasn't already procured it elsewhere. I'm adding this note simply to remind myself. :)

Journal Entry 3 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Monday, May 02, 2005

Another funny read. I liked this a little better than Undead and Unwed. Betsy has settled into her role of the Queen of the Vampires a bit more, though still not completely, and she's still learning new things about herself in the process. She's still trying to deny her attraction to the gorgeous Sinclair, but does wind up having another sexual interlude with him later in the book. :)

This second installment in the Undead series adds a bit of murder mystery to the whole vampire twist, which I believe adds more to the book and story itself. A group of vigilantes is going around staking vampires, and Betsy is on the hit list! Soon enough, the vigilante group is discovered but who's their anonymous donor, sending them the money and weapons to do their dirty work?

I plan to keep this book for my PC but since joasik PMed me about it while it was still on my TBR, I've messaged her back to see if she'd like to borrow it.

Journal Entry 4 by CheriePie at Lending to a BookCrossing friend in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 12, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (5/12/2005 UTC) at Lending to a BookCrossing friend in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

This is off to Poland for a stay with joasik. Sent on 12-May-2005 via USPS Global Priority Mail (GPM) Label # LZ256833062US (tracking available at the USPS web site).

Journal Entry 5 by joasik from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, June 10, 2005

I received this book a while ago - forgot to register it right away - sorry for the delay and thanks so much for lending this book to me! :)

Journal Entry 6 by joasik at Post Office in Legionowo, Mazowieckie Poland on Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (7/8/2005 UTC) at Post Office in Legionowo, Mazowieckie Poland

Sent some time ago back to CheriePie - forgot to make a release note. Thanks so much for lending this book to me. I loved it!

Journal Entry 7 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Monday, August 22, 2005

Thanks for sending this back joasik and I'm glad you liked it as much as I did. I had offered to let joasik keep it, but it's pretty cheap to mail it from her in Poland back to me in the States, and since I have another friend who'd like to read it too (who got the first book from me too), it's good that I can share it further. I'll be handing it off to her when I see her at HHG in September.

Journal Entry 8 by CheriePie at PaperBackSwap.com in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Monday, September 19, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (9/20/2005 UTC) at PaperBackSwap.com in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Amy ended up picking up her own copy of this since she liked the first one, thus I'm now releasing it to someone who has it on their Wish List at PaperBackSwap.com. (Hopefully, they'll return here and journal it too.)

Mailed out on 20-Sep-2005 via Media Mail with Delivery Confirmation # 9102010521297992472206. (Rec'd 9/30/05)