corner corner The Time Traveler's Wife (Harvest Book)

The Time Traveler's Wife (Harvest Book)
by Audrey Niffenegger | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by jarrett622 of Galax, Virginia USA on Thursday, October 21, 2004

status (set by vicar-of-dibley): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by jarrett622 from Galax, Virginia USA on Thursday, October 21, 2004

Reserved for now as it's being used for a reading group.

Journal Entry 2 by jarrett622 from Galax, Virginia USA on Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Here's the mailing list and the instructions for The Time Traveler's Wife ring. Please, journal when you

recieve the book and again when you're fininished and ready to send on to the next person. Please, read

this in a timely fashion, a month seems to be plenty of time. If there's a problem, please PM me.

Communication is the name of the game. :-) If you know of anyone that would help out theadi, in Aus, please give one of us a shout (Please see bottom of mailing list). As for now this person is unable to ship out of Aus.

jessyjames13 VA US only
hotflash Az Anywhere
Sissyrun Cal US and Canada
jmg49 Ontario Anywhere
csvariation London, In the UK or Europe only
asetO1 France (not sure if that's a zero or a cap O) Prefer within Europe.
Sunneschii Switzerland, Europe only
drutt Scotland, UK Anywhere

niccijl Requested removal from the list as they've received a copy of this book. So skip please! :-)

dodau UK Anywhere

Journal Entry 3 by jessyjames13 from Crozet, Virginia USA on Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Just got this book. Sorry it took so long...but I was out of the country (Berlin, Germany) and I had the post office forward all my mail to my Mom and Dad's house. So it took just about forever to get back to Blacksburg to me! Anyhow thanks a whole bunch jarrett622, I needed something to read, so for me the timing was perfect. I'm putting it at the top of Mt. TBR and will journal and pass it on when I finish...until then...keep on reading! Well I finished the book. I loved it and hated it! I am definitely not one of those happy endings kinds of people, so the book was a definite big plus in that column for me. However the book itself was a bit confusing at first and by the time I got the hang of it...it was over. All and all I would recommend this book for others, but it reminded me too much of the movie Memento...and that movie and my hatred of it is a whole different long story. I'm glad I read this, but don't want to re-read it. I'm gonna contact the next person on the list and send it off. Happy Trails!

Journal Entry 4 by jessyjames13 at RABCK to fellow Bookcrossing member in RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (2/2/2005 UTC) at RABCK to fellow Bookcrossing member in RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On to Explorer1118m...Enjoy it!

Journal Entry 5 by explorer1118m from Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey USA on Friday, February 11, 2005

Just this book today & plan to start on it as soon as i finish up what i'm reading now.....probably tomorrow. GrannyAnn asked to be skipped as she already has it, so it will go to JeepACV next.

Journal Entry 6 by explorer1118m at Controlled Release in Baltimore, Maryland USA on Friday, February 18, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (2/18/2005 UTC) at Controlled Release in Baltimore, Maryland USA

Sending to JeepACV who is next in this bookring. Enjoy, i did.

Journal Entry 7 by JeepACV from Baltimore, Maryland USA on Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Bookring arrived in Maryland today. I'll start reading it this weekend, thanks for passing this along, jarrett622!

02/27/05 - I enjoyed this novel very much. At times, the flow from time to time seemed disjointed, but I think that was intentional. It showed how disjointed their lives were due to his chrono-challenged condition.
Another book I've read that is somewhat similar is The Confessions of Max Tivoli, about a man who ages backwards.

Thanks for sharing this book!

Journal Entry 8 by JeepACV at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (3/1/2005 UTC) at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

mailed via media mail today

DC # 0304 1560 0006 1396 6110

Journal Entry 9 by Wistroll from Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, March 05, 2005

Received today. Perfect timing, will start right away, shouldn`t have it too long.

Journal Entry 10 by Wistroll from Saint Croix Falls, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, March 10, 2005

Leave me alone, I`m reading!

I totally alienated my family for the last 5 days to read this book. Loved it! Loved it! The author HAS to write another, I will be on the search for her. If I run across this book, I will buy it because I`d like to share it and also have it on my shelf in my personal collection.
Not often a book comes along that totally engrosses me as this one has. I loved the story, the oddity of it. The characters were very lovable and I just loved everything about the book. Everything!
Thanks so much for including me in the bookring!
Book will go to WarEagle78 next, releasing 3-11-05.
Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 11 by Wistroll at Controlled Release in Milltown, With Another BookCrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, March 12, 2005

Released 9 yrs ago (3/11/2005 UTC) at Controlled Release in Milltown, With Another BookCrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sent to WarEagle78. Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 12 by WarEagle78 from Hoover, Alabama USA on Friday, March 18, 2005

Arrived in Alabama today, and have already started. Thanks, jarrett622, for the ring and Wistroll for passing it along!

Will journal again when completed.

Journal Entry 13 by WarEagle78 from Hoover, Alabama USA on Thursday, March 24, 2005

An original and well-conceived idea written with care. The story is exactly detailed in the title - a chrono-impaired man involuntarily time-travels throughout his past and future, meeting his wife when she is six years old, gaining knowledge of his long-dead mother, and so on. Niffennegger gives us characters to invest in, to care about. Definitely a top book - tops in creativity as well as writing skill. Thanks jarrett622 for sharing!

I have the address for the next reader and will send this one on the next time I'm at the post office.

Journal Entry 14 by stellertony from Anchorage, Alaska USA on Thursday, April 14, 2005

Received on Wednesday.

Journal Entry 15 by stellertony from Anchorage, Alaska USA on Sunday, July 24, 2005

I'm so, so sorry that I've had this book so long! I just kind of lost track of time (no pun intended).

I really, really enjoyed this book - it's one of the better bookrings I've had recently. The story was gripping and flowed very well. I was a bit confused at the end, because the death was described very vaguely, but I think I'm starting to get it now.

Thanks so much for sharing, jarrett! I'll get this in the mail ASAP (probably Monday).

Journal Entry 16 by hotflash from Tucson, Arizona USA on Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Just received today. Perfect timing. I finally finished the journal entry for the book I just put down, decided to check the mail box before grabbing another book off my TBR shelf, and this book was waiting for me. Will start reading tonight.
(will stick in a new BookCrossing label onto the inside cover; someone has tried their best to rip the original one out)

Journal Entry 17 by hotflash from Tucson, Arizona USA on Thursday, October 20, 2005

I open up a new book wanting to like it. I am disappointed, both with myself and the book, when I have to admit that I couldn’t get into a particular novel. My reading tastes are varied, and my disliking a book doesn’t happen very often. I won’t come right out and say that I didn’t like The Time Traveler’s Wife; instead I will just say that it made me very uncomfortable. Uncomfortable enough, after the first few chapters, to start skimming and jumping around, just reading bits here and there to give me the gist of the plot.

It’s not that I don’t accept time travel as part of a storyline. But I did have a hard time accepting 24-year-old Henry visiting 5-year-old Henry. Traveling back in time is one thing, but a duality of existence just pushes me beyond all reason. Even harder to accept was the relationship between the two 15-year-old Henrys: It’s certainly not that sexual content bothers me, but this relationship verged on being incestuous and had the potential to be emotionally damaging to the real-world young Henry. I also wasn’t completely at ease with the Clare-Henry child/adult/romantic overlap. Just unappealing somehow. (I mean, come on, the older man--handily naked--and the little girl in the school uniform! Not even original.) Had these characters been more interesting, perhaps these situations would take on a different color, but I found both Clare and Henry (time travel aside) and their conversations to be bland. They just didn’t sparkle for me.

Maybe it is just my mood. I might try this novel again a few months down the road and see if it strikes me differently. Meanwhile, I will pass this book along to the next reader as soon as I get an address.

Journal Entry 18 by hotflash from Tucson, Arizona USA on Friday, October 21, 2005

Time to continue traveling. On the way to "sissyrun" from Tucson (Picture taken from a hill at the end of my street - the Santa Catalina Mtns. are seen in the distance.)
I very much hope the next reader enjoy this book. I'm sure you will.

Journal Entry 19 by Sissyrun from Modesto, California USA on Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Received in the mail on Friday and started reading it today. I've been looking forward to this book for a long time....

Didn't get into this book at all, so I am passing it on. jmg49 and csvariation have asked to be skipped. I have PM'd the next in line.

I have PM'd aset01 twice with no response.
sunneschii has read the book and drutt's profile indicates already read. Now PMing the last person.

Journal Entry 20 by Sissyrun at Released to fellow Bookcrosser in Modesto, California USA on Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Released 8 yrs ago (12/7/2005 UTC) at Released to fellow Bookcrosser in Modesto, California USA

FINALLY!!!!! The last person on the list wanted to read the book! Mailed today (12/6/05) to dodau, via ship. Sorry for the long wait. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 21 by dodau from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Arrived this morning. Next to be read.

Journal Entry 22 by dodau from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 05, 2006

This was a good book and only a little confusing in parts. Which considering the plot was amazing. It was sad and funny and lots of other things all rolled into one and I enjoyed it a lot. In fact when I started reading at eleven pm one night I found it hard to stop to go to sleep. Definatly recommended

Journal Entry 23 by dodau at by mail in to the next participant, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (5/24/2006 UTC) at by mail in to the next participant, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 24 by wingvicar-of-dibleywing from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, May 26, 2006

i've been waiting for this to come into the charity shop mum works in for ages, so i've chosen it from the book box once done it'll go back to jarrett622 as it's a bookring book

Journal Entry 25 by wingvicar-of-dibleywing from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, June 29, 2006

i really enjoyed this book even the sad ending. The best bit was when Henry was telling the baby punks what it's all about, I thought man the author of this is one of us.
I'll be PMing the owner to return it

Journal Entry 26 by wingvicar-of-dibleywing from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, September 11, 2006

arrrrrgh thought this was posted but wasn't it is now back to it's owner