corner corner Praise

Praise
by Andrew McGahan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by kirst040 of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 10/20/2004

status (set by wombles): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by kirst040 from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, October 20, 2004

"Andrew McGahan's prize-winning Praise is a stunningly frank and darkly humorous novel about being young in Australia. About living in a world where drugs and alcohol dominate, where sex scalds and soothes, where Social Security is easier to get than a job. Where survival means taking nothing and no one too seriously."

Very gritty and dark story, set in Brisbane in the 90's. A great book that was also made into a good film with the amazing Peter Fenton.

Journal Entry 2 by kirst040 at St Michael's Anglican, Cnr Flinders & Albion Sts in Surry Hills, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, November 13, 2004

Released on Saturday, November 13, 2004 at about 3:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at St Michael's Anglican, Cnr Albion and Fitzroy in Surry Hills, New South Wales Australia.

Australian Bookcrossing Conference release

Journal Entry 3 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, November 14, 2004

Will put this in my tbr pile, I like australian stories!

Journal Entry 4 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Monday, January 03, 2005

I'm half way through this book, and though it is a bit shocking and has a lot of swearing in it, the story is ok.It's set in brisbane which is the main appeal to me! I like to read books set in brisbane!
I think I will do a controlled release though at the next brisbane meet up as I don't think I should leave it anywhere in the wild where anyone might be offended by it!

Journal Entry 5 by wombles at Rick's Place Cafe in Yarraman, Queensland Australia on Sunday, February 20, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (2/19/2005 UTC) at Rick's Place Cafe in Yarraman, Queensland Australia

Given to Lou