corner corner Dancing with the Virgins

Dancing with the Virgins
by Stephen Booth | Literature & Fiction
Registered by lesezeichen of Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 10/12/2004

status (set by eastbaybookmisr): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by lesezeichen from Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Ein weiterer Fall mit dem sympatischen Duo Diane Fry/Ben Cooper

Journal Entry 2 by lesezeichen at Schnabelewopski in der Altstadt in Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Released 13 yrs ago (10/12/2004 UTC) at Schnabelewopski in der Altstadt in Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

fürs meet-up

Journal Entry 3 by winglinguistkriswing from Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Das hoffentliche Sahneschnittchen unter den sieben Büchern, die ich soeben in einem Anfall von absoluter Libromanie (und großer Selbstüberschätzung, was meine Lesekapazität und -zeit angeht) vom Meet-Up weggeschleppt habe. Jedenfalls freue ich mich schon gehörig auf die Lektüre, und habe meine Erwartungen angesichts von "Blind to the Bones" schon gehörig hochgeschraubt.

Journal Entry 4 by winglinguistkriswing at San Francisco, California USA on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Very, very nice. This book kept me entertained during the long flight and the whole of my first week in San Francisco, and I very much enjoyed its company.
While it has been over six years that I read Blind to the Bones, I did not enjoy it any less than I anticipated all those years ago -- I still enjoyed the leisurely pace, the Peak District setting, and the protagonists' family problems. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I put the other books in the series onto my wishlist. Let's see if I get lucky and find them -- even if it's only going to be one every six years.

Journal Entry 5 by winglinguistkriswing at The Rex Hotel, Sutter Street in San Francisco, California USA on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (10/20/2010 UTC) at The Rex Hotel, Sutter Street in San Francisco, California USA

Will release at the October meet-up in SF.

Journal Entry 6 by eastbaybookmisr at Oakland, California USA on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2002 Harper Collins paperback printed in Britain, of the 2001 mystery. This is the fourth oldest bookcrossed book that I have encountered, so far. I picked this up from linguistkris at the Hotel Rex meetup last night.

Reserved for a later BC meetup, in Dublin or San Francisco, probably.

Edit October 5, 2012: This is acclaimed, but I just could not like it much, and it took me forever to finish. Too long, too slow, too "English" or something, for my taste I guess. Anyway, moving it along now.

Journal Entry 7 by eastbaybookmisr at Maybelle Little Free Library at 3939 Maybelle Ave. in Oakland, California USA on Friday, October 05, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (10/5/2012 UTC) at Maybelle Little Free Library at 3939 Maybelle Ave. in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

And a plug for the next meetup of TriValley BookCrossing group, at Panera Bread in Dublin, the second Tuesday of each month.