corner corner Mansfield Park

Mansfield Park
by Jane Austen | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAntof9wing of Lakewood, Colorado USA on 10/11/2004

status (set by Sossap): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingAntof9wing from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Monday, October 11, 2004

This book has been on my wish list for a while, and then two serendipitous things happened: 1. I saw it mentioned on taniazed's Rings, Rays & Boxes site, and 2. I found a decent-condition copy in a used bookstore yesterday!

SO. . . .it can't be added to my TBR pile right now -- *too many*, but I can help unstall tutmarie's
stalled ray! That way, a lot of people who wanted to read it can enjoy it, and by the time I get it back, I'll be ready to read it too (I hope)!

Journal Entry 2 by wingAntof9wing from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Thursday, November 04, 2004

I've put this book "on reserve" for tutmarie, whose bookring copy has been lost. It is joining her bookring list tomorrow morning, on its way to caligula03.

BookRing members:
caligula03 -- California
cyber-librarian -- Illinois
CaptMom -- Florida
kalipriestess -- Florida (her profile says to skip her for now)
10.
Sossap -- Portugal <--bookring is here!
11.
Caracas -- Germany
15.
MaiSpritt -- Denmark
16.
Clawdia -- Spain (her profile implies she may not want to be in this either)
17.
vicki9170 -- Florida
21.
spaceystacey -- New Jersey
and back to me!

Journal Entry 3 by tutmarie from Roskilde, Roskilde Amt Denmark on Saturday, November 06, 2004

Thanks to the generous Antof9 my bookray can now be revived - this time as a ring that will eventually return to Antof9. And I get to receive the journal entries by mail to follow the participants' thoughts of the book. Yay!

Journal Entry 4 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The book has arrived. I will read it as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 5 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Thursday, January 20, 2005

This is my second attempt at a Jane Austen book. While I have enjoyed adaptations of her work and I do appreciate her importance to English literature, I just can't wrap my brain around her books. Her excessively long paragraphs that always start with with one character and thought end with another character and another thought with no clear segue. I really dislike having to go back and reread every paragraph. I feel like I should be taking notes to keep track of who is who and frankly, I don't want to. I'll try again sometime when I'm not under the time pressure of a ring.

Journal Entry 6 by caligula03 at on Thursday, January 20, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (1/29/2005 UTC) at

Mailing to cyber-librarian. Sorry for the delay.

Journal Entry 7 by cyber-librarian from Cary, North Carolina USA on Friday, February 18, 2005

I did received this book from caligula03 in CA ... as part of a bookray. I started reading it yesterday and will pass it along as soon as I can.

c. 2001 -- 366 pages -- Paperback -- Classics

Back Cover: "Where an opinion be general, it is usually correct."

UPDATES: As of 3/4/05, I am over half-way done with the book (page 208). I will PM the next person (CaptMom) for an address.
As of 3/7/05, CaptMom has already received a copy of this book and kalipriestess has asked in her profile to be skipped. I have PMed the next person (Sossap) for an address.

Journal Entry 8 by cyber-librarian from Cary, North Carolina USA on Friday, March 11, 2005

I finished reading this today. I just couldn't get into it. From the play at the beginning ... to who Fanny would marry ... it just wasn't grabbing my attention. I hope others enjoy this more than me.

Used for 2005 Alphabet Challenge ... A author

Journal Entry 9 by cyber-librarian at book ring in Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 11, 2005

Released 12 yrs ago (3/12/2005 UTC) at book ring in Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

I actually mailed this on 3/19 to Sossap in Portugal ... as part of the bookring.

Journal Entry 10 by Sossap on Thursday, April 07, 2005

It's with me now to be reed. Tnks Antof9. ;)

Fallowes to the next in line. Tnks