corner corner Mirror Mirror : A Novel

Mirror Mirror : A Novel
by Gregory Maguire | Literature & Fiction
Registered by uofigirl of Bloomington, Indiana USA on 9/2/2005

status (set by mysteryfan03): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by uofigirl from Bloomington, Indiana USA on Friday, September 02, 2005

It's the story of Snow White superimposed over a shallow fictionalization of the life of Lucrezia Borgia. Taking on such an immense task, you can see why Gregory Maguire doesn't deliver very well.

The prose is meticulously crafted, thus hindering the movement of the plot. Maguire expects the reader to have an intense knowledge of Snow White, which makes you want to pop in the Disney film or rummage for your book of Fairy Tales.

Hard time getting into this book. Maybe someone else would enjoy this, though.

Journal Entry 2 by uofigirl from Bloomington, Indiana USA on Friday, September 02, 2005

Offering this as a bookray. Here is the order:

jamesmum (CA)
batty14 (NY)
OneMorePage (CA)
rubyjules (VT)
ldpaulson

Journal Entry 3 by jamesmum from Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Monday, September 12, 2005

Caught it! I'm in the middle of "The Historian" right now, but will have no problem getting this book off to its next reader within two weeks. I really enjoyed "Wicked", so I'm looking forward to this one. Thanks!

10/10/05: I really liked this book! I enjoy Maguire's writing style, and I like pretty much anything set in Renaissance Italy, so this story was perfect for me. I can see how it wouldn't appeal to everyone, though - Maguire is a unique author.
I've sent this along to the next reader, after a requested weeklong delay. I hope this book has a safe trip!

Journal Entry 4 by ldpaulson from Ventura, California USA on Thursday, October 20, 2005

Arrived late yesterday at the local post office. I have other bookrings in front of it, including another book by this author. That said, I am looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 5 by ldpaulson from Ventura, California USA on Saturday, October 29, 2005

An interesting re-telling of the Snow White story with Biblical and historical twists. Better paced than LOST although no less ambitious.

To be sent to MollyGrue.

Journal Entry 6 by MollyGrue from Tacoma, Washington USA on Saturday, December 10, 2005

Thanks! I do have some rings ahead of this one, but I am looking forward to it. :)

Journal Entry 7 by MollyGrue from Tacoma, Washington USA on Saturday, April 15, 2006

I thought this the most readable interpretation of his that I've read so far. Excellent story. :) Sorry about taking so long with this.

Reserved for the next reader.

DC# 03041070000256435556

Journal Entry 8 by MollyGrue at in the mail in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 06, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (5/6/2006 UTC) at in the mail in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 9 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Got it today. Thank you. Will read and send on ASAP.

Journal Entry 10 by Luintaurien from York, Nebraska USA on Thursday, July 20, 2006

Can't get into it so sending it on

Journal Entry 11 by Luintaurien at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/Ring, Rabck in York, Nebraska USA on Monday, April 02, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (4/2/2007 UTC) at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/Ring, Rabck in York, Nebraska USA

Sent to Aramena for help with shipping.

Journal Entry 12 by mysteryfan03 from Moberly, Missouri USA on Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Got this today! Thanks for sending it on everyone!!